Maybe you’re saving up for a gift for someone or you want to treat yourself to something special.
Or, maybe you need some extra cash to pay off some bills or to buy groceries.
Whatever the case, if you’re wondering how to make $150 dollars fast, you’re in luck.
There are so many different side hustle ideas you can try to make $150 fast. In fact, some of these methods even let you make this amount of money in a day!
So, if you’re ready to make 150 dollars fast, let’s dive right in to some of the very best ideas out there.
How To Make $150 Dollars Fast – The Best Methods
Decide on if you prefer working from home or in person. Once you do that, you’re ready to earn 150 dollars fast with the following methods!
1. Food Delivery Gigs
Food delivery gigs are one of the most popular gig economy jobs out there, and this is for good reason.
For starters, food delivery jobs don’t require previous experience. You can also work your own hours and hustle as much as you want, which is useful.
Some leading food delivery gigs you can use to make $150 fast include:
- DoorDash: Get paid $23 per hour while out on deliveries.
- Instacart: A leading grocery delivery service where you can easily make $15 to $20+ per hour in busy markets.
- Uber Eats: Another popular food delivery job where you can deliver by car, scooter, or bike.
Jobs like DoorDash and Uber Eats are ideal if you don’t want to shop for groceries and just want to deliver fast food and restaurant meals to people.
In contrast, you can make money with Instacart if you don’t mind grocery shopping and want to put less mileage on your car.
The bottom line is these gigs are excellent ways to make $150 dollars fast, and you can even make this amount of money in a day if you put in enough hours!
2. Freelance Writing
Freelance writing is how I make most of my income, so I definitely know it’s a viable way to make $150 quickly.
Freelance writing was actually one of my first college side hustles. At the time, I was a ghostwriter for a local marketing agency and would earn about $30 to $50 per article.
After I started a blog, I was able to land some other clients in the finance niche, and some of my first clients paid around $0.07 to $0.10 per word.
This is a pretty decent beginner rate, and even at $0.10 per word, you just need to write 1,500 words to make $150!
This is possible within a day of work, and even at just $0.05, you can still grind out $150 fast.
Freelance writers also get paid a decent hourly wage on average as staff writers, so you don’t necessarily have to go the freelance route.
The bottom line is that if you’re good with words and are willing to hustle, freelance writing is a realistic way to get $150 dollars fast.
3. Try Other Driving Gigs
Jobs like Instacart and DoorDash are just one way you can make money with a vehicle.
The reality is there are so many other driving apps that pay, and many of them can be done on your own schedule and for solid hourly pay.
Some popular driving apps you can make $150 fast with include:
- GoShare: Make money delivering packages to people and businesses in your area.
- Roadie: Like GoShare, Roadie lets you make money with a truck or cargo van by delivering large packages to people.
- Amazon Flex: Earn $18 to $25 per scheduled delivery hour as an Amazon delivery driver.
- Gopuff: Like Amazon Flex, Gopuff pays you for delivering packages from warehouses to people in your city.
Jobs like Roadie can pay you $150 or more in a single gig if you get a delivery that’s far enough or important enough.
And, with a few Amazon Flex blocks, you can definitely make $150 fast since you usually earn around $20 per hour.
Just remember to track your mileage and gas expenses with any driving gig so you can potentially claim business mileage and expenses when filing your taxes!
4. Complete Odd Jobs For People
If you’re still wondering how to make 150 dollars fast, the answer might be to use various odd job apps to find extra work in your area.
There’s actually plenty of apps where you can get paid with PayPal cash for completing short tasks in your area.
Some popular odd job apps and websites include:
- TaskRabbit: A popular gig marketplace where you can offer various services to people in your city.
- Premise Data: Get paid for answering short surveys and for taking pictures of things in your city.
- GigWalk: Like Premise, Gigwalk lets you make money for completing pictures and completing short tasks in your area.
- Field Agent: Make money as a mystery shopper with the Field Agent app!
These apps won’t make you rich, but if you live in a major city, you can probably make 150 dollars fast by accepting gigs whenever they pop up.
TaskRabbit is particularly lucrative because you set your own rates and can offer a variety of services, ranging from handyman work to gigs like yard work.
5. Use Micro Task Websites
Another way to earn $150 fast is to use various micro task websites.
As the name suggests, these websites pay you for completing short online tasks. These tasks can be gigs like data entry or content moderation or might even involve answering surveys for money.
Some popular micro task sites include:
- Swagbucks: Get paid for answering surveys, playing games, surfing the web, and even watching ads.
- Appen: Make money with jobs like social media moderation, data entry, and transcription.
- Amazon MTurk: Like Appen, you can find all sorts of data entry jobs, translation gigs, and tasks requiring quick human labor on MTurk.
- Pinecone Research (U.S. Only): Answer paid surveys on Pinecone Research and get paid $3 per survey!
This method to make $150 quickly definitely takes more grinding since your hourly rate isn’t going to be too high.
However, if you want to do some idle work while watching TV or in your spare time, you can definitely try these microtask sites.
Extra Reading – The 20+ Best Get-Paid-To Websites & Apps.
6. Become An Online Tutor
If you’re an expert in a certain subject matter or language, you can always turn to online tutoring to get $150 fast.
Online English tutoring is the perfect example of this, and companies like QKids and VIPKid pay native English teachers well above 15+ per hour to teach students online.
Granted, ESL tutoring isn’t too popular now because of regulatory changes forcing many companies to pause hiring.
However, there are so many other tutoring companies that hire college students or graduates like Tutor.com Cambly and where you can teach subjects like math, science, history, or any common school subject.
Companies like PrepNow even hire tutors to help students prepare for the SATs and other intense exams.
Finally, you can always sell your skills online and offer one-on-one tutoring on marketplaces like Fiverr, so there are plenty of ways to find your first clients.
Extra Reading – The Best Online Tutoring Jobs For Teens.
7. Sell Stuff You Don’t Need
One of the simplest ways to make 150 dollars fast is to sell stuff you don’t need anymore.
This is a classic way to get fast cash, and if you haven’t sold off stuff in a while, you might be sitting on a surprising amount of merchandise you can sell.
Categories like apparel, electronics, toys, and video games typically sell well. However, you can pretty much sell anything online these days to global buyers.
There are also plenty of places you can sell your unused stuff for cash, including:
- The Facebook Marketplace: Great for cash sales with people in your city. Just be prepared for some haggling!
- Poshmark: One of the best websites for selling clothing, handbags, shoes, and accessories.
- Depop: A thrifty and unique marketplace where you can sell clothing.
- Mercari: This is one of the best selling apps where you can sell clothing, electronics, sports cards, collectibles, board games, and pretty much anything you can think of.
- Sideline Swap: One of the best websites for selling new or used sports apparel and equipment.
These are just some online options. You can also throw your own garage sale or even try pawning stuff for money.
And, if you enjoy the process of selling stuff for cash, you can also try flipping your money by buying more merchandise and then reselling it!
This is retail arbitrage 101, and you might find you can start an entire side business through this money-making method.
8. Leverage Sign-Up Bonuses
Using sign-up bonuses to make 150 dollars fast is one of the simplest, lowest-effort methods you can use.
Plenty of companies are willing to pay new users for signing up and trying out their products or services.
I mean, here are a few examples to get the ball rolling:
- Rakuten: This shopping extension pays you $30 in cash back when you sign up and make a qualifying purchase of at least $30.
- Coinbase: Earn $30+ in free crypto when you sign up and complete Coinbase’s Learn modules.
- MyPoints: Get a $10 gift card or prepaid Visa when you sign up and spend at least $20 on a qualifying offer.
- Drop: Get $5 to $15 in free points when you sign up for this rewards app with a Drop invite code.
This is a free $70 to $85 just for trying and using a few different reward programs and apps.
Investing apps and banks are even more lucrative. For example, M1 Finance, a commission-free broker, regularly lets new users earn $100 to $500 or more in free cash for signing up.
Granted, most of these ideas to raise $150 fast involve using a particular service.
But, if you’re shopping around for a new product or service, always check if there’s a way to earn some cash back for your purchase.
9. Sell Stuff On Etsy
Have an entrepreneurial itch? Well, in that case, selling stuff on Etsy could be for you!
Granted, this isn’t the absolute fastest way to make $150. However, selling on Etsy has immense potential.
Etsy is one of the go-to marketplaces for anything handmade or vintage. It also has millions of monthly active buyers on its marketplace.
You can also get sales on Etsy surprisingly quickly. When I sold POD products on Etsy back in college, I was actually able to get a sale within the first two weeks by promoting the store on Instagram.
There are plenty of Etsy print on demand integrations you can use so you don’t have to handle manufacturing and shipping yourself.
Alternatively, you can manufacture and ship orders to customers yourself. You can even sell things like digital stickers or downloads so there’s no shipping or manufacturing whatsoever.
The bottom line is Etsy is a massive marketplace where you can get organic reach. If you want to make $150 or potentially much more, Etsy is definitely one sales channel worth exploring.
Extra Reading – How To Start An Etsy Sticker Business.
10. Borrow The Money
A simple way to make $150 dollars fast is to borrow the money from friends and family.
This amount of money isn’t high enough to be ludicrous. However, you know your friends and family better than anyone, so decide if this is something you’re all comfortable with.
Using your credit card or emergency fund to cover emergencies are also two strategies you can consider.
Finally, companies like Zippyloan offer quick personal loans between $100 and $15,000, and you can get the money within a business day.
I think borrowing is something you should turn to as a last resort since many side hustles can earn $150 fast, letting you avoid debt entirely.
11. Rent Out Assets For Passive Income
This idea is also ideal if you’re too busy to take on a new side hustle but still want to boost your income somehow.
There are also plenty of ideas you can try, including:
- Renting out spare rooms and storage space as a Neighbor host
- Renting out a spare room with Airbnb
- Renting out assets you own on marketplaces like Fat Llama
- Renting out your car with Turo or an unused RV with RVShare
It might take time to find a few clients and steady renters, but if you live in a major city, this shouldn’t be impossible.
And some of these ideas are truly passive.
I mean, Neighbor pays you for letting people store stuff on your property, so you can turn a garage, shed, or empty basement into a source of income; not bad!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Can I Make $150 A Day?
If you want to earn $150 a day, my advice is to get into online freelancing or something that lets you sell your skills to people. I did this with freelance writing, and with a handful of clients, this sort of income is possible. Of course, you can also find a higher-paying day job to make $150 per day.
2. What’s The Most Passive Option?
Ideas like becoming a Neighbor host or renting out things you own is one of the most passive ways to make this sort of money.
You can also consider building up your passive income sources by investing in dividend-paying stocks or even real estate.
For example, companies like Fundrise let you invest in income-generating real estate with just $10, so you can begin diversifying your income streams even without much capital.
I hope our guide on how to make 150 dollars fast helps you achieve this income goal as quickly as possible.
A final piece of advice is to pick one idea and to really stick with it. Oftentimes, trying too many things at once can only add to the confusion and yield lackluster results.
Whatever you choose, best of luck on your mission to make $150 fast!
Looking for other money-making ideas? Checkout:
- How To Make $2,000 Fast – The Best Methods.
- How To Turn 10K Into 100K.
- The Best Jobs That Pay $15 An Hour.
DoorDash Disclaimer: Actual earnings may differ and depend on factors like number of deliveries completed, time of day, location, and expenses. Hourly pay is calculated using average Dasher payouts while on a delivery (from the time you accept an order until the time you drop it off) over a 90 day period and includes compensation from peak pay, tips, and other incentives.
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!