Thanks to the rise in technology, now more than ever there are so many jobs you can do from your phone.
Whether your job isn’t quite paying you enough, or you want to make a bit of extra cash in your spare time, there are lots of great smartphone jobs that may be worth your time.
That’s why this post is covering 15 of the best work from phone jobs and phone side hustles you can use to make extra cash.
Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
The Best Jobs You Can Do From Your Phone
Some of the phone jobs in this post involve working completely from your phone, so you never have to leave your home. In contrast, some are high paying apps like delivery apps or other types of apps to make quick cash.
I’ve personally been using these sorts of work from phone jobs to make extra money for years ever since my time in college. So, I know this is a legit way to boost your monthly income.
Whatever the case, decide which style of job you like and let’s explore some of the best jobs that you can do from your phone!
1. Customer Support Agent
There are various customer support agent opportunities that allow you to work from home, primarily using your phone. A customer support agent provides information and responds to inquiries about a company’s goods or services.
According to Indeed, customer service representatives in the United States earn $18.82 per hour on average.
You can find customer service rep positions on various employment search engines such as indeed.com and various remote job websites as well.
Many major corporations like Amazon and Walmart also hire for this type of work from phone job. And you can also look for jobs on Upwork if you’re a beginner.
Alternatively, you can also specialize in a type of customer support, like being a tech support agent or live chat operator for a certain company.
2. Survey Taker
I’ve been using these types of gpt sites and money-making apps ever since college. And I like survey apps since you can make money on your phone while you’re taking the bus, relaxing at home, or are on the go.
Some of my favorite survey sites I’ve cashed out with before include:
- Branded Surveys: An easy way to get free PayPal money and gift cards in your spare time.
- Swagbucks: This platform pays you for completing surveys, playing trivia for money, shopping, watching ads, and more.
- Survey Junkie: Another popular survey website with a low $5 cash out minimum.
- InboxDollars: Answer surveys for money and enjoy an instat $5 sign up bonus with InboxDollars.
- Kashkick: This site lets you answer surveys and play games for PayPal money.
- Pinecone Research: One of the highest paying survey sites in the United States.
I made a YouTube video that covers some of my favorite survey sites and apps that I’ve used over the years if you want even more ideas.
Granted, this isn’t the most lucrative job you can do with your phone. But for an easy way to make money on the side, these apps and websites get the job done.
3. Food Delivery Driver
Another classic example of jobs you can do from your phone is to use gig economy apps that pay you to deliver food.
Food delivery gigs are incredibly popular these days. And if you have access to a car, bike, or scooter, you can sign up for plenty of gigs if you’re 18 or older.
Some of the most popular delivery gigs you can consider include:
- Uber Eats: A globally popular food delivery app that’s in over 6,000 cities.
- DoorDash: The leading food delivery app in North America.
- Grubhub: A popular gig like Uber Eats you can also use for a flexible side hustle.
- Shipt: This gig pays you to shop for groceries and then deliver them to people.
This video from gig economy worker and YouTuber Nuggs shares how to earn high hourly rates with gigs like Uber Eats or DoorDash.
I also like this work from phone job since if you deliver with your bike, you’re basically getting paid to workout. And delivering during meal times can mean high-paying orders and decent tips.
4. Play Games On Your Phone
Another popular category of smartphone jobs are apps that pay you for playing games. And if you spend a lot of time already playing games on your phone, this is the perfect job for you.
Gaming reward apps are all the rage these days. And I’ve been testing and making money with them for years.
Several leading apps in this space you can try include:
- Mistplay: This Android app lets you earn PayPal money and gift cards for trying new games.
- Rewarded Play: A popular app like Mistplay that lets you win free gift cards!
- Cash Giraffe: Another Android gaming app with a low $0.20 cash out minimum.
- Money Well: This free app lets you earn cash and gift cards for playing new games.
- Bubble Cash: A leading iPhone game that pays you for winning bubble arcade games.
- JustPlay: One more Android gaming app with PayPal cash prizes.
5. Resell Stuff Online For Profit
Another excellent way to make money from your smartphone is to buy and resell merchandise for profit.
The idea is to buy popular products like electronics, clothing, toys, and home goods from discount aisles at stores like Walmart and Kohl’s.
From there, you can resell the products online at a markup to basically flip your money.
Some of the best apps you can use to sell stuff from your phone include:
- Facebook Marketplace: An excellent app to sell just about anything in your area for fast cash.
- Mercari: One of the leading smartphone apps for selling stuff.
- Poshmark: A leading app for reselling clothing, watches, accessories, shoes, and jewelry.
- OfferUp: Another popular selling app like the Facebook Marketplace.
- SidelineSwap: The best way to sell used sports equipment and apparel.
- Worthy: One of the best ways to sell watches, jewelry, wedding rings, and diamonds online.
My YouTube video also shares some online and local selling websites you can use to find buyers.
It might take a while to grow your inventory so you’re consistently making sales. But it’s possible if you put in the effort, and I have a few friends who buy and resell clothing and thrift shop finds to make money online.
But this smartphone job has a very high income ceiling, and it can also be done part-time!
If you value flexibility, the free Steady app is one excellent way to find jobs you can do with a phone.
This gig economy app helps connect you with side hustles and jobs that suit your skills. All you have to do is download the app, answer a short questionnaire, and then you get matched with different income opportunities that are a good fit.
Examples of phone gigs you can find with Steady include:
- Lucrative sign up bonuses
- Driving gigs like DoorDash or Instacart
- Local part-time jobs
- Online survey and gaming reward apps
- Other gig economy jobs that require having a smartphone
According to its website, the average Steady member earns an additional $5,500 per year! And I like that the app matches you to gigs based on factors like having a car or how many hours you have per week to work.
7. Social Media Influencer
Social Media Influencer opportunities have grown dramatically in the past couple of years. After all, influencer marketing is a significant part of many brands’ marketing strategies.
In the past, being an influencer was only possible for celebrity figures. But now, with the rise of social media, you don’t need to be famous to be an influencer.
Micro-influencers, bloggers, and content creators are all over Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
These individuals have become successful by focusing on a niche they are passionate about and creating content on this topic to establish a social media following.
Common niches for micro-influencers include:
- Financial literacy
- Fitness, Sports, Health, & Wellness
The list is endless, with so many interesting and niche topics out there!
You don’t necessarily need a million followers to be successful. Some micro-influencers have seen success as an influencer with as little as 5000 followers. What matters most is that you are creating content that people engage with.
In fact, a micro-influencer that has between 5000-50,000 followers can make up to a few thousand dollars for sponsored posts. Influencers with larger followings can charge well over $10,000 per post.
Becoming an influencer can be a lucrative side hustle, but it can be time consuming.
That said, if you have a knack for social media and are passionate about a niche topic, it can be a fun and profitable job you can do from your phone.
You can also read my post on the best work from home jobs without phone calls if you want some similar job ideas.
8. Teach English Online
Palfish is another excellent job you can do with your phone where you can teach English to non-native speakers.
This particular app is best if you have a background in teaching since it requires having a certification in teaching (TEFL, TESOL, or Teacher’s certificate).
However, anyone can get the TESOL certificate. It is a 120-hour course that you complete at your own pace. Investing into this certification may be worth the tutoring opportunities it will open up.
Palfish lets you make your own lessons and set your own rates.
Just note you might not want to set your rate too high, as you may not get many students. On average, teachers set their rates between $12 to $17 USD.
Gigwalk is a mystery shopping app that hires people to help brands learn more about their consumers’ experience.
You can see all the local gigs and apply for the jobs that interest you.
Examples of jobs you complete on Gigwalk include:
- Retail audits
- Mystering shopping jobs
- QSR audits
- Digital experience testing
- AI data training
- Safety checks
- Location surveys
- Property inspections
According to Gigwalk, a gig can take anywhere between 5 minutes to a few hours to complete and pay can range between $3-$100 depending on the gig.
The average pay is between $5-$15 per gig. When you complete a job, you get paid with PayPal money.
You can’t quit your job with Gigwalk. But if you want a fun job you can do from your phone while you’re out and about, it’s the perfect app.
10. Instacart Shopper
Like DoorDash, you still have to go out and deliver groceries to get paid. But you manage everything through the Instacart Shopper app, and it’s a simple gig.
The requirements to be an Instacart shopper are as follows:
- At least 18 years old
- Legal authorization to work in the US
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs without accommodation
- Have access to a reliable car and smartphone
- You must pass a background check
In terms of payment, shoppers get paid for every Instacart batch they complete, which is a grocery delivery.
Instacart pay varies by market and how efficient you are. But you can earn around $15 to $20+ per hour with this gig.
However, you keep 100% of all tips, and if you use some Instacart Shopper tips, you can earn steady income with this delivery gig.
11. Dog Walker
If you’re still looking for jobs you can do with your phone, you can always try walking dogs for money by using apps like Rover.
This free gig app helps pet owners get help with their dogs and other animals. As a Rover gig worker, you can offer services like walking, pet sitting, and drop-in visits to make money in your spare time.
What’s nice about Rover is that you set the hours and days you’re available. And, you manage everything with your smartphone, from booking clients to getting paid.
Rover also lets you choose the types of animals you work with. You even set your hourly rates, so you’re essentially your own boss.
12. App & Website Tester
PlaytestCloud is a reputable platform that connects you to developers looking for quality assurance on their apps.
It’s suitable for all types of gamers, from casual to hardcore. In order to sign up as an app tester for PlaytestCloud you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a fluent English speaker
- Must be from the US, UK, or Canada
- Must have an iPhone 5S or newer, iPad mini 2 or newer, iPad Air or newer, Android 5.0 or newer
- Pass a Playtest qualification test (you can try as many times as you’d like!)
According to PlaytestCloud, the compensation for completing an app test is about $10 per test. You get paid regardless of whether you liked the game or not. All you have to do is try it out and share your honest feedback.
This isn’t a very stable smartphone job, but it’s a nice source of beermoney you can turn to in your extra time.
Out of all the jobs you can do from your phone, blogging is one with the highest income potential.
Now you won’t be writing blog posts from your phone since that’s way too time-consuming. But there’s a lot of blog tasks you can manage from your phone, like posting on social media or taking photos for your blog.
And this is important work that can generate serious income. As a personal example, I’ve been blogging for over 4 years now, and This Online World made $92,000 in its last year.
But bloggers also make money with things like sponsored posts, selling courses or coaching, and offering their own products.
And, once your blog is a bit established and has regular readers, it somewhat makes money on autopilot. Plus, you can begin outsourcing tasks you don’t enjoy as the blog generates revenue.
Again, you won’t be writing content from your smartphone, but you can manage a lot of the day-to-day operations right from the palm of your hand.
14. Amazon Flex Driver
Amazon Flex is another great side gig you can do from your phone. This Amazon delivery program lets you use your own vehicle to deliver packages. And it’s one of the highest paying driving gigs out there.
You deliver packages in 3 to 6 hour blocks, and Amazon provides you with the routes to take. According to Amazon Flex, most drivers earn $18-25 an hour.
To become a driver for Amazon Flex you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a social security number
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have proof of registration
- Provide a direct deposit form
- Pass a background check
- Have a smartphone, iPhone 6 or newer, iOS 13 or higher, Android 6 or newer
- Have a four-door Sedan, minivan, van, pickup truck with covered bed, or SUV
It can be tough to get enough Amazon Flex blocks since competition is intense between drivers to claim them.
But even a few shifts a week can be a couple extra hundred dollars per month in income.
And you can read our post on the best jobs like Amazon Flex to find even more driving gigs you can add in your routine.
One final job you can do with your phone is to sign up and drive for GoShare.
GoShare is a company that pays you to help their customers who need drivers or movers.
According to GoShare, they pay some of the highest rates per hour in the industry. Their average earnings depend on the type of vehicle you have access to, but on average you can make $47 per hour plus tips.
To get started with GoShare you need:
- To be at least 18 years old
- Pass a background check
- Have an Android or iPhone with the latest version of the GoShare app
- To be able to speak English
- Have a checking account
- Have a valid driver’s license, registration, and insurance
- Have a vehicle that is a 2004 model or newer
For a similar gig, you can also try out Roadie!
Tips For Finding Work From Phone Jobs
Now that you know some of the best jobs you can do on your phone, here are a few tips you can use to land jobs more easily.
- Use Mobile Job Apps: There are plenty of job apps out there you can use to find extra work. For example, JobGet lets you apply to in-person and remote jobs right from your phone. And apps like Steady help you find local gig opportunities. Not all of these gigs involve working from your phone, but some do, and the other gigs also pay well.
- Update Your Resume: When looking for work from your phone jobs, it’s important to have an updated resume for certain positions. So take an afternoon and add relevant experience to your resume before sending out a lot of applications.
- Play To Your Strengths: Easy gigs like Branded Surveys or mystery shopping apps are perfect for anyone. But some phone jobs require specialized skills or attention to detail. Play to your strengths when job searching and also try to find work that you enjoy so you don’t burn out!
My recent video on apps that pay you real money also shares even more work from phone jobs you can try out as well to make more money each month.
Extra Reading – How To Earn $5,000 Fast.
Whether you’re looking for a fun side-hustle to supplement your income, or a full-time career, the possibilities to make money from your phone are endless!
I hope this list of jobs you can do from your phone has given you the knowledge you need to get started. All you have to do now is choose the best option for you and get started.
Even if you start by making $50 a day in extra income, that’s a serious way to increase your annual income. And you never know where a paid phone gig will take you until you give it a try.
Best of luck in your job search!
Looking for even more ways to make extra money? Checkout:
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!