At This Online World, our goal has always been to help people make more money and improve their finances. It’s also been our goal to be as transparent and honest with readers along the way.
So, on this page, you’ll find a breakdown of what our core mission is and what our editorial guidelines are. You’ll also find an in-depth explanation of our research and rating methodology so you can better understand how we score and review the companies, apps, and side hustle ideas that are on this website.
Let’s dive in!
This Online World’s Mission
If you read our About Page, you’ll see that our mission at This Online World is to help people improve their finances by making money online, starting new side hustles, creating passive income, and succeeding in the gig economy.
As long as people visit this site and leave feeling like they’ve learned something useful, we consider it a job well done. So, thank you for taking the time to stop by and check out our website.
Editorial Principles & Independence
Here are some of the core editorial principles of This Online World:
- All of our content is created by experts in the personal finance space with years of writing/journalist experience. Our team is also composed of writers who specialize in different niches under the personal finance umbrella. This helps to better-serve our readers with expert content that shares personal experiences and knowledge, not just dry facts from around the Internet.
- All content is fact-checked and edited before going live.
- All content is original.
- We continuously monitor the content on our site and make updates to keep content factual and relevant for readers.
- We disclose the partners we work with and how we make money. Furthermore, partnerships don’t influence our reviews or editorial content in any way, and we have full control over ratings and reviews.
- All of the content on our site is objective and reflects the opinions, research, and experiences of our writers and editors.
- We never accept payment for favorable reviews, and we don’t recommend products or services we don’t use ourselves or believe in.
At This Online World, a lot of our content focuses on reviewing money-making apps, side hustle ideas, and ideas to make or save money.
Here are the steps we take to ensure all our reviews are in-depth, objective, and provide first-hand accounts to help readers make the right choice for them:
- Primary Research: We test all products, apps, and services we review on This Online World. This usually involves signing up for an app or website or trying out a side hustle to then share our experiences with readers. Our writers also lean on their personal experience within various niches to share first-hand accounts with readers.
- Secondary Research: To supplement primary research for our reviews, we also rely on data and testimonials from sources like Reddit, Quora, Trustpilot, the Better Business Bureau, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and other public databases. We also use YouTube content and blog content from other niche experts to solidify our reviews.
- Expert Interviews: For some content, we interview additional subject-matter experts for their first-hand accounts.
- Continual Updates: We regularly check our review content to ensure information is up-to-date and factual. We also update review scores over time to reflect material changes.
It’s our goal to go one step further than your average review. This means actually testing the products and services on this site and relying on as much additional data to support our content.
When scoring our reviews, some of the main factors our editors and writers consider include price, ease-of-use, customer support, reward options, ease of cashing out, and company transparency.
Correction Policy & Fact Checking
All content is fact-checked by editors before going live. However, information can become out-of-date even with our frequent updates. If you notice any incorrect information, please use our Contact Page to get in touch!
Comments & Questions
You’re free to leave comments on this blog or to get in touch with us if you have questions. The Contact Page link above is the best way to submit questions, complaints, or to even recommend future content ideas.
Thank you all for the support and your readership!
– Tom from This Online World.