If you want to increase your monthly income, you have so many options to choose from.
Thankfully, apps like Field Agent are a fun, low-commitment way to make money while you’re on the go.
Plus, working for Field Agent is a bit more creative than your average side gig…After all, you get to be a secret agent…everyone’s dream right?!
In this Field Agent review, we’ll be discussing if the Field Agent app is actually worth using and how much you can really make from these jobs.
Let’s dive in!
What is Field Agent?
Founded in 2010, Field Agent is an app for Android and IOS that allows everyday shoppers to earn money by taking photos, videos, surveys, and providing other retail information to help popular brands understand their consumers.
Retailers and brands want consumers to have a consistently positive experience. To test their retail locations and service quality, secret shoppers from apps like Field Agent step in.
Field Agent currently has over 1 million users making money from these jobs with a 4.8 star rating on the App Store.
The app is also available in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the UK, Australia, South Africa, and Ecuador, making it one of the more internationally-friendly gig apps around.
However, the truly unique thing about Field Agent is that you have to complete jobs outside and discover new products, which can be a great alternative to taking surveys at home all day or using various micro task websites.
How Does Field Agent Work?
If you want to start making money as a Field Agent, there’s only 4 short steps to follow:
1. Download & Signup
To download the app, follow this simple 3-step process:
- Go to app.fieldagent.net.
- Select “Download the App.”
- Choose your phone’s app store.
- Download the Field Agent app.
When you open the app, you will then be prompted to sign up for an account with basic information.
On the next page, you will be asked a few more personal questions which are not shared or sold to any third party website (basic questions such as college degree, income, ethnicity, etc.).
Once you’ve completed those questions, you will be taken to the main page of the app that shows your profile, jobs, filters, map, and more.
2. Look for Jobs and Claim Them
The homepage of the Field Agent app shows you the current jobs and how much each job pays.
You can also select the navigation menu on the left side of the app and search for jobs through a simple list or by using the map.
The map can be extremely useful to help you understand how far away the jobs actually are without typing in the address of every location, and it lets you get a quick overview of the jobs in your city.
One neat feature of the Field Agent app is the filter section on the right side. This allows you to sort your jobs based on your own preferences so you don’t accept jobs that end up being more trouble than they’re worth.
Here are the filters you can sort by:
- Display (group or list format).
- Highest paying vs closest jobs.
- Proximity (search specific zip codes).
- Distance (within 3 miles to 90 miles).
The distance filter is extremely useful for times when you’d rather drive close to home and complete a job faster.
Plus, if you’re on the go, using the proximity filter is your best bet to find Field Agent jobs on your way home.
Gas can hurt some of your earnings, like any side gig, which is why it’s usually more worthwhile to find closer jobs rather than high-paying ones that are dozens of miles away.
Extra Reading – GetUpside Review- How To Save More Money On Gas.
3. Reserve Jobs
There are 4 main types of jobs to choose from on the Field Agent app:
1. Common Job Audits – Require going to a store, taking a picture of a product or display, and answering a few questions. Pays around $3-$8 per job.
2. Scavenger Hunts – Require finding a specific item in the store without knowing where it is. Usually pays around $3-$10 per job.
3. Precision Audits – These are very similar to common audits, but usually involve more steps and feedback. Usually pays around $5-$12 per job.
4. Ticket Jobs – Can be completed anywhere by answering basic questions/surveys in exchange for a raffle ticket. Monthly prize pays between $100-$500 if you win.
As you can see, there are also Buy & Try jobs that require you to buy a specific product to give feedback, as well as bonus opportunities and Walmart jobs.
However, the 4 job types listed above are the most common types of tasks you’ll find as a Field Agent.
Keep in mind that although the pay seems low, you can still complete multiple jobs in one day and they’re usually not too difficult.
However, you have a time limit after claiming a job, so don’t overbook yourself.
Most jobs give you 2 hours to complete them, and you can read each Field Agent job description to learn the full details:
4. Get Paid
Once you complete a job, Field Agent takes time to review your answers before actually paying you. This is to ensure you give feedback and that you submit photos or videos the job requested.
The left-side menu has a “cash out” section which you can select to see your earning report and other basic payment information.
There is no minimum to cash out, but you do need to set up a direct deposit before you can touch that money. Here’s how you can set up direct deposit for Field Agent:
- Login to your Field Agent account online.
- Select “Account Setup.”
- Click the “Add new” button.
- Input your bank information.
- Link your bank account with a micro deposit verification.
Once you’ve completed the direct deposit setup, you can cash out at any time from the app. Note: the deposit may take a few business days to enter your bank account for verification purposes.
If you have accumulated more than $600 for the year, you will need to set up tax information in order to continue cashing out.
Extra Reading – 27 Apps That Pay You To Drive.
How Much Does Field Agent Pay?
Field Agent jobs generally pay anywhere between $3 to $12. You can also complete multiple jobs in one day if they are available.
There are also certain seasons where Field Agent can make you a lot more money. For example, some agents have said they make over $200 from the Black Friday season alone!
Clearly this money is better than many cash reward apps or survey sites out there as long as you have enough work in your city.
Just keep in mind that there are a few personal costs included such as gas, vehicle depreciation, and the opportunity cost of your own time.
Field Agent lists the payment for every job, so it should be easy to decide if something is worth your time or not.
Plus, some jobs pay upwards of $20 at times, but this all mostly depends on the season and outcome of where you live. Keep an eye out for these bonus opportunities.
The Field Agent referral program also pays you 10% of what your referral earns, up to $10.
If you really hustle with Field Agent, you can make hundreds of dollars every year, or at least enough to cover some small expenses or treat yourself to something nice.
You definitely can’t quit your job to be a Field Agent.
Again, this all really depends on where you live, and major cities will have more opportunity than rural areas.
Is Field Agent Legit?
In a short answer, yes, Field Agent is legit. You will make money and you will get paid without any problems or scams involved.
This app has plenty of positive testimonials, payment proof, and app store reviews to back it up.
To go into more detail, let’s take a look at some other peoples’ thoughts.
Other Agent Reviews
Here are a few numbers to help tackle the question of if Field Agent is actually legit:
- Over 1 million users have the Field Agent App downloaded on their mobile device.
- There are over 11,000 reviews on the App Store with a 4.8 star rating.
- There is a large Reddit community of Field Agents sharing their experiences (almost all positive) with ways to find new jobs and how to earn more money.
Clearly, the agents who use this app have no problem with it.
The only common complaint I’ve seen is that some active jobs on the app are already taken, but still show up in the “jobs” section.
If this is the only main issue on the app (which is really just a simple bug that can be fixed) then I think it’s safe to say that Field Agent is a great opportunity to make some decent side money without any scams involved!
Apps Like Field Agent
If you like the idea of making money as a secret shopper but want more opportunity to boost your income, apps that are similar to Field Agent are also worth considering:
- EasyShift – This app pays you for completing simple surveys and answering questions about in-store tasks. You’ll be required to take pictures, videos, and shop to complete these “shifts” as they call it. Pay is between $4-$20 per shift.
- Shopkick – A rewards app for Android and IOS that lets you earn by scanning items, walking into certain stores, making in-store purchases, shopping at online partners, and more! Earnings are usually no more than $10 per week. Read our Shopkick review to get all the details!
- Mobee App – Go on secret shopper missions and earn money by answering in-store questions and shopping at your favorite stores. Pay is usually around $3-$7 per mission.
- iSecretShop – Sign up as an independent contractor to provide companies with consumer insights and earn money while doing so. Pay varies widely depending on the type of job.
You can download all of these apps to maximize job opportunities.
Again, none of these apps will make you rich. However, for a humble side hustle and to make money while walking around your city, they’re not bad.
Extra Reading – 45 Best Gig Economy Apps To Start A Side Hustle.
So, is Field Agent worth downloading on your phone? Let’s think about it for a second.
The pay can definitely be worth it if you hustle enough throughout the year.
Can it replace your full-time job? Definitely not…it probably can’t even replace your part-time job.
What it can do however, is provide you with some extra side income to cover small expenses or treat yourself to something nice every once in a while.
The point is, the amount of money you make is really dependent on how many jobs are available in your area, how often you’re willing to take jobs, and if you can handle your car expenses at the end of the day.
Are there be a more effective ways to make money by driving? Well, a service such as Uber or Doordash will undoubtedly earn more money than doing Field Agent jobs.
However, I think Field Agent is ultimately a fun and unique way to make money (which is worth a try alone) that can get you out of the house and feeling like a true secret agent!
Thanks for reading our Field Agent review! If you want to checkout other viable side gigs, consider reading the following posts:
- 9 Apps Like TaskRabbit That Power The Gig Economy.
- Shopkick Review – Make Money While On The Go.
- Handy Pro Review – Make Money As A Handyman.
Daniel is a 22 year old blogger from Los Angeles with a huge love for everything entrepreneurship, finance, and investing. When he’s not blogging at Modern Teen, you can catch him playing volleyball, shooting archery, or finding new ways to make money.