When I was back in college and experimenting with various side hustles, making 50 dollars a day seemed like an absolutely impossible task.
After all, $50 is actually a ton of money, and this entire side hustle goal equates to an extra $1500 per month!
However, now that I’ve been hustling for a few years, I’ve actually created a few income sources that pay much more than $50 per day.
So, if you’re looking to boost your income in a meaningful way but want a tangible daily goal for doing so, this list of ways to make $50 a day should provide some inspiration.
Let’s get to it!
Table of Contents
How To Make $50 A Day
Over the last few years, I’ve tested out so many online side hustles and in-person gig apps to make extra money. And during this time, I’ve found plenty that can pay $50 a day or much more if you put in some effort.
Think about your own skills and the types of hustles you’re looking for. Then, you’re ready to pick one or more of these ideas to begin making money.
1. Freelance Writing
But, I’ve been freelance writing in some capacity for a while, and it was one of my favorite college side hustles back in the day.
Freelance writing is awesome. You get to work with awesome editors, cool websites, work the hours you want, and make money online.
And since the goal is to make $50 a day, you only need a few clients or one steady one to earn this amount.
Here are some of the freelance rates I’ve had so far:
- Content mill writing – I wrote for $0.05 per word back in college. This rate requires 1,000 words to reach $50.
- First freelance gig – I found a $0.07 per word ghostwriting job for a finance publication in 2019 (when I was contemplating making the switch to full-time). This rate requires a little over 700 words to reach $50.
- Better freelance gigs – Thanks to making connections though This Online World, a tonne of luck, and creating Tom Blake Digital to help with pitches, I found 3 more awesome clients to work with for ranges between $0.10 to $0.15 per word. At this rate, 350-ish to 500 words equals $50.
As you can see, all of these rates can make $50 a day guaranteed.
My advice would be to start writing on Medium to build your portfolio. Then, join some blogger Facebook groups in your niche and get to know people.
Writing jobs will come around, and when they do, you’ll be able to pitch to land your first job.
Hopefully, a single freelance writing client or two will help you smash the goal of $50 a day and significantly boost your monthly income.
Pro Tip: Check out my Freelance Writing For Freedom course for a step-by-step guide on how I went from $0 to $100,000+ in freelance writing income!
2. Play Games For Money
Did you know it’s possible to make money playing video games?
That’s right: these days, there are so many ways to earn money by playing games. And if you stack a few of these methods, making $50 a day is possible.
I’ve personally been testing and writing about different cash game apps and gaming hustles for years. Some of my all-time favorites include:
- Cash Giraffe: My favorite Android game that pays that has gift cards and PayPal cash prizes.
- Blitz Win Cash: A leading iPhone money game that lets you pay to compete in competitive games of Solitaire, Bingo, pool, and more.
- Twitch Streamer: Earn passive income by streaming your gameplay to viewers on Twitch.
- Mistplay: Another popular Android gaming app that lets you get free gift cards.
- Rewarded Play: A popular app like Mistplay with a low $5 cash out minimum.
- Cash Cow: One final Android app that lets you earn PayPal money for playing games.
I also made a video outline some of my favorite gaming hustles and apps, so you can check this out if you want even more money-making apps to test out.
3. Use Paid Survey Websites
Again, this sort of work can be a bit of a grind, but I know some people who earn over $1,000 per month by putting in enough hours to these sorts of websites. And I’ve used plenty of them in the past to make extra cash each month.
Some leading gpt websites and apps you can try include:
- Swagbucks – Earn money by answering surveys, watching ads, shopping online, installing apps, and more.
- Branded Surveys – Another popular way to share your opinion for PayPal cash and gift cards.
- Survey Junkie – Answer surveys and cash out with free PayPal cash or free gift cards when you earn $5.
- InboxDollars: Another way to get paid for answering questions, and you even get a $5 sign up bonus!
- Kashkick – This site lets you earn PayPal money by answering surveys and downloading apps.
- AttaPoll – A popular survey app with a low $2.50 cash out minimum.
- Ipsos iSay – A global survey site like Swagbucks that has a low $5 cash out minimum.
I also made a video on some of my favorite survey platforms that I’ve cashed out with over the years.
This is just scratching the surface, but there are plenty of other legit online jobs you can explore.
For example, websites like Appen and Clickworker let you complete microtasks or find part-time remote jobs that pay around $8 to $15 per hour. Similarly, you can try websites like UserTesting and make $10 to $20 per test, which basically involves using websites and apps and giving feedback about your experience.
The bottom line is there are plenty of easy side hustles you can start, and it’s possible to make 50 dollars a day if you use a variety of platforms and put in the time.
Extra Reading – How To Get $20 Instantly.
If you’re still wondering how to make $50 a day online, you can always try starting your own blog.
Now, starting a blog isn’t a route to quick money. However, the income potential with blogging is basically limitless, and there are so many ways you can make money.
When you factor in affiliate marketing income, the blog has even had times where it made $1,000 in a single day, which is still crazy to me.
Granted, this is the result of three years of creating content that focuses on low-competition keywords and SEO (and doesn’t even include affiliate income!)
However, all you need to get started is a cheap domain name, WordPress theme, and starting SiteGround hosting which runs under $7 per month.
My guess is it would take about a year of work and practice to earn $1,500 a month with a blog, which is $50 per day. But I think this is realistic if you focus on SEO and improving your writing while providing value to readers.
5. Work As A Food Delivery Courier
Food delivery companies are on a hiring spree right now, and I think this is the most straightforward way to make $50 a day and doesn’t present many barriers to entry.
My friend survived in Toronto by being a bike courier for DoorDash and Uber Eats, and he could easily clear $50 a day by working a few hours:
There are plenty of popular food delivery companies, and they pay respectable hourly rates as well:
- DoorDash – Start delivering with the leading app in North America!
- Instacart Shoppers – Instacart shoppers earn approximately $13 per hour according to Glassdoor reviews.
- Uber Eats – Another passively popular food delivery gig.
- Postmates – Delivering groceries with Postmates pays around $17 per hour according to Indeed.
- Shipt Shopper – Shipt is a fast-growing grocery delivery service, and couriers earn $16 per hour at minimum.
- Cornershop – Another grocery delivery job like Instacart that’s owned by Uber.
- Grubhub – A popular food delivery gig like Uber Eats.
- Amazon Flex – Another way to make money delivering packages and groceries.
You get the idea: these side gigs pay around $15 an hour, so you can reach your goal of making $50 a day in just over 3 hours.
I’ll admit, figuring out how to make $50 a day with food delivery would be exhausting if you work a regular 9-5. I imagine you’d have to use your lunch break (if you have one) and to be willing to grind after work to reach your goal.
But hey, if you need the money, apps that pay you for driving are always worth considering.
6. Rent Out Assets
This is a pretty creative side hustle. But if you have valuable assets, it’s possible to start boosting your monthly income by renting out things.
Things like renting out a spare room on Airbnb is one prime example. Airbnb estimates I can earn over $600 by renting out a private room here in Daytona:
The calculation assumes 15 nights booked per month at forecasted daily prices. For an area like this, weekend trips to the beach would definitely be more common but there’s a lot of competition.
However, even if you booked a few nights per month, that’s progress towards your goal of earning $50 per day.
Plus, there are other opportunities to make money by renting things, such as:
- Renting out expensive equipment (photography, tools, recording gear etc) on websites like Fat Llama.
- Using Fretish to rent out instruments.
- Selling/renting out your bandwidth with apps like Honeygain
- Make use of an empty parking spot with Spot Hero.
- Sell extra storage space through Neighbor
Take a look at the Fat Llama example above.
Someone is renting out a simple camera setup for $25 a day and getting sales. There’s tonnes of examples of people doing this with drones, recording equipment, or other things most people might want to try out but don’t own.
If you live in a populous area, I totally think you can make $50 a day by renting out different assets.
You might have to get creative or invest in some assets upfront, but hey, maybe this option works better for someone with a full-time job who can’t spend hours doing deliveries each night.
In short, if you want to put your money to work, you can invest in assets, rent them out, and make $50 a day or more.
7. Start An Online Business
Another idea to make $50 a day is to start some sort of online business that generates consistent revenue.
You have so many options here. And I’ve been testing out different online business models for years since my time in college.
Some of the most popular online businesses you can consider include:
- Selling Etsy print on demand products or launching a regular Etsy shop
- Starting your own ecommerce brand with a Shopify store
- Amazon FBA
- Selling digital products like eBooks and courses
- Online consulting
- Starting a SaaS business
My YouTube video covers even more online business ideas you can test out.
The downside to this method is that scaling income and getting your first sales can take time. But all of these models can scale to 10k a month or even more if you play your cards right.
8. Walk Dogs For Money
If you like dogs and working with animals, one method to make 50 dollars a day is to offer dog walking and sitting services to people in your city.
Several of my friends did this during college as well to make quick money. And a single weekend of dog sitting can easily pay $100 to $200 depending on your city.
Plus, you can use gig apps like Rover to find your first clients. Rover connects dog walkers and sitters to pet owners in their area who need help with their pets.
Many of my friends used Rover to get their start. And you can generally earn $15 to $20 per hour walk and much more for sitting.
If you want to get started, my post on the best Rover headline examples has useful tips for how you can improve your profile and find your first gig.
9. Start A YouTube Channel
If you enjoy creative tasks, another idea for making $50 a day is to make money with a YouTube channel!
I started my channel in early-mid 2020, and by the end of the year, the channel was starting to make around $15 to $25 per day.
Fast forward to 2022, and my YouTube channel makes anywhere from $35 to $50 a day, so it’s closing in on that $1,500 a month mark!
All of this goes to show that you can cultivate an online income that grows over time, provided you put in the work and have patience!
It took me more than 2 years of blogging and now YouTube to surpass $50 a day online, but hey, anyone can build up this type of semi-passive income!
10. Try Other Freelancing Gigs
I mentioned freelance writing as a way to make 50 bucks a day. But there’s no reason you can’t explore other popular freelancing fields.
The reality is that so many industries let you sell skills online. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Editor and proofreader
- Graphic design
- SEO expert
- Social media manager
- Website designer
- Video editor
My video above shares some of the best remote job sites you can use to find your first clients.
Personally, I’ve found beginner jobs on Upwork and Fiverr in the past. And asking your network on LinkedIn can also be an excellent resource.
11. Sell Clothing Online
If you’re still wondering how to make $50 a day, the answer might be sitting right in your wardrobe.
Selling unused clothing or flipping clothing online has become an extremely viable side hustle these days. And with apps like Poshmark, it’s easy to sell things like clothing, shoes, handbags, watches, and accessories online.
Platforms like Poshmark are awesome because they make selling simple.
Once you upload your “wardrobe,” Poshmark sends you an electronic shipping label. All you have to do is package your clothing and send it off to the buyer.
Websites like Poshmark charge a fee (usually around 10% for clothing), but considering how many buyers you gain access to, this is definitely worth it.
Extra Reading – The Best Things To Flip.
12. Find On-Demand Jobs
Another offline way to boost your daily income is to look for same-day cash gigs in your area.
I’ve mentioned this side hustle idea in my post on this blog before, but here’s the gist of how these platforms work.
When companies are short-staffed, they can use a job marketplace to quickly find qualified workers in their area to cover the gaps when there’s no other alternative.
Some popular on-demand job marketplaces and apps you can use to find work include:
- Oppizi – Become a brand ambassador and get paid to deliver flyers to people.
- JobGet – An easy-to-use app that helps you find local gigs and even part-time and full-time jobs.
- Instawork – Another great way to find same day jobs that pay in your area.
- Jobble – The self-dubbed ‘marketplace for the gig economy.’
- Wonolo – A flexible way to find same-day jobs in over 20 U.S. cities.
- Staffy – An app like Wonolo you can use to find hospitality, restaurant, or bartending gigs.
As you can see from these Wonolo hourly salary reviews, you can earn upwards of $21 per hour.
While the pay is variable and nothing is guaranteed, these sorts of marketplaces might be worth looking into if you want to make some extra cash on a day off/lazy weekend day.
13. Become A Virtual Assistant
Businesses or bloggers often hire virtual assistants because they provide an affordable way to outsource many daily tasks or administrative duties that take up a lot of time.
Some common virtual assistant tasks include:
- Data entry
- Social media management
- Digital marketing tasks
- Scheduling appointments
- Phone calls
- Arranging travel plans
- Email correspondence/following up with clients
According to Indeed, the average virtual assistant earns more than $16 per hour in the United States:
Now, there’s no exact formula on how to become a virtual assistant.
I’ve seen many people sell their services in various blogging Facebook groups, and this makes sense…bloggers ask for VA help all the time in these sorts of groups.
You can also try working for a website like Fancy Hands, which pays virtual assistants $3 to $7 per task they complete (tasks are relatively short).
It might take a while to find enough clients to start making $50 a day from VA work, but, the hourly pay is high enough to make this viable!
Extra Reading – The Best Ways To Make Money Online For Beginners.
14. Online Tutoring
Online tutoring is another reliable side hustle that’s a great fit if you’re an expert in a particular subject.
Many online tutoring gigs pay $15 to $22 per hour or even more for qualified tutors. So, making $50 per day would only take you a few classes.
Several leading tutoring platforms you can consider include:
- BookNook: This platform hires U.S. tutors to teach Math and English.
- QKids: One of the leading ESL tutoring platforms in the world.
- VIPKid: Another way to get paid to teach English online.
- Palfish: This phone side hustle pays you to chat in English with people from around the world.
- StudyPool: The best way to make money with tutoring, selling notes, and by doing homework for money.
Just note that you often need a degree to apply to online tutoring jobs. But if you qualify, this is one of the highest-paying online gigs that doesn’t require much experience.
Extra Reading – The Best Online Tutoring Jobs For College Students.
15. Invest In Dividend-Paying Stocks
One final idea to make $50 dollars a day is by using an online brokerage to invest in dividend-paying stocks.
This form of investing to make money daily is very popular, and the idea of living off of dividend income is certainly an appealing one.
If we do a bit of math, making $50 a day is the same as making $18,250 per year.
To earn this amount in dividend income (which is usually paid out quarterly by stocks/ETFs), you can play around with a dividend income calculator from MarketBeat:
In this example, a starting principal of $70,000 at a 5% annual dividend yield ends up earning around $18,750 in annual dividend income after 20 years of growth.
Now, this assumes it’s in a taxable account and that you aren’t making any extra annual contributions (aside from reinvesting dividends), which isn’t too likely.
Plus, you can also find stocks with a higher dividend yield, but anyway, you get the idea.
While it might take a while to earn $50 a day guaranteed with this method, the math does work out at a certain point!
Want another awesome option to invest as a beginner? Checkout:
- Arrived – Start investing in income-generating real estate with just $100!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Get $50 Instantly?
If you want to make $50 right now, your two best bets are to sell stuff you own for cash or to ask to borrow the money from someone you know.
The ideas in this list are ways to make $50 a day, but they require putting in work first, so they aren’t exactly instant.
However, by selling stuff you own quickly on platforms like The Facebook Marketplace or by asking your network for help, you can get the money much faster.
We also have a post on how to make $50 in PayPal cash if you prefer some online earning options. You can also read our post on the best $50 instant loan apps or what to do if you need $50 dollars now for some more resources.
How Can I Make $50 A Day Online
My favorite way to make this amount of money online is to sell your skills as a freelancer.
Freelance writing is how I make most of my income, and it’s very feasible for beginners to earn $50 dollars a day even with low starting rates.
Plus, as you scale your freelancer rates and get better clients, you can likely make hundreds per day and turn your freelancer side hustle into a full-on career.
If you want to try easy online jobs instead, options like Branded Surveys and Prolific work. Just know that survey sites don’t pay much per hour, so it takes much longer to make 50 dollars than with freelancing.
Extra Reading – How To Make $400 A Day.
I hope our guide on how to make 50 dollars a day helps you find some inspiration to tackle a new financial goal.
Honestly, there’s something crazy about the power of just writing down a goal instead of only internalizing it.
Somehow, when you write something down, it eventually gets done.
It might take longer than you anticipated, or you might reach your goal rather quickly. Whatever the case, putting pen to paper is the best way to hold yourself accountable.
At the end of the day, I’m a firm believer that as long as you set goals and work hard, you get there eventually! 🙂
Catch you guys in the next one.
- How To Make $5,000 Fast.
- The Best Passive Side Hustle Ideas.
- Apps Like TaskRabbit – 9 Companies Powering The Gig Economy.
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!