At some point in time, we could all use a bit of fast cash to help us out.
It could be to pay an upcoming bill or to buy groceries. Or, perhaps you have a special occasion coming up where an extra $50 wouldn’t hurt.
Whatever the case, the great news is there are plenty of solutions out there if you’re currently saying: I need $50 now!
I’ve been experimenting with different side hustle ideas for years. During this time, I’ve found plenty of ones that can help you get $50 fast. And I’m highlighting some of my very favorite hustles in this post today.
Let’s get to it!
Table of Contents
Need $50 Dollars Now? Try These Side Hustles!
If you need $50 right now, you’re in luck.
There are plenty of online side hustle ideas or quick cash gigs you can try to make this sort of money. I’ve also tested out plenty of these ideas in the last few years, and some of them have even higher income potential than just making a bit of side cash.
1. Sell Stuff For Fast Cash
In my experience, one of the best ways to get $50 now is to sell stuff you don’t need anymore.
I made a video sharing some of my favorite local selling platforms and online marketplaces you can use to sell stuff for quick money.
As for what you sell, there are tons of popular options, including:
- Collectibles like antiques, sports cards, rare coins, and other collector’s items
- Used bikes
- Sports equipment
2. Use Get-Paid-To Websites
Back in college, one of the main ways I made extra money every month was by using get-paid-to websites. And these sites are another effective way to get $50 right now.
GPT sites pay you for completing short, simple online tasks like cash surveys or various offers. Some of my all-time favorite sites I’ve cashed out with before include:
- Branded Surveys: My personal favorite gpt site with a low $5 cash out minimum.
- Swagbucks: This platform pays you for answering surveys, watching ads, shopping online, installing apps, and more.
- Ipsos iSay: Another leading survey panel with a $5 cash out minimum.
- Survey Junkie: One of the most popular survey sites for earning free PayPal money and gift cards.
- InboxDollars: Enjoy a $5 sign up bonus and numerous ways to earn with InboxDollars.
My YouTube video shares even more of my top survey sites that I’ve used in the past to make money.
Of course, these sites aren’t legitimate online jobs or full-time income sources. But if you need $50 now, you can grind out some surveys and offers with these platforms and get paid the same day with PayPal money or gift cards.
3. Borrow The Money
Sometimes, the simplest method to get a bit of quick cash is to borrow it. And this is definitely true if you need 50 dollars now.
In my experience, asking for a quick $50 is something friends and family often feel comfortable with. And my friends and I have lent this sort of money to each other if someone forgets their wallet when we’re out or if someone is short on cash for a day or two.
You also have other options you can consider, including:
- Using cash advance apps like Dave to get $50 instantly
- Using your credit card
- Using companies like Zippyloan to get money
- Turning to peer-to-peer sources like r/borrow to ask for $50
Apps like Dave are nice because they also have a side hustle section you can use to find money-making ideas. And getting $50 to $500 from the app is pretty straightforward.
Just think about the options you’re comfortable with and what’s best for your unique situation.
4. Play Games For Cash
While it might be surprising, another way to get $50 now is to make money playing video games.
These days, there are plenty of ways to earn money playing games. And some of my favorite platforms that let you earn cash and gift cards for gaming include:
- Cash Giraffe: This fun Android app lets you get PayPal money and gift cards for playing new mobile games.
- Buff: This platform pays you with passive rewards for playing leading PC games.
- Money Well: Another Android gaming app with a wide variety of games you can play to earn cash and gift cards.
- Mistplay: One of the most popular gaming rewards apps with gift cards and PayPal prizes.
- Rewarded Play: One of my favorite apps like Mistplay for Android gaming.
My YouTube video covers even more legit cash games and ways you can game for money.
And if you have an iOS, you can read my post on the best iPhone games that pay money so you’re not left out.
5. Do Cash Odd Jobs
If you need $50 now and are willing to put in a bit of sweat and time, another option you can consider is doing odd jobs for cash.
This is one way I made money back in highschool and during college. I’d go door-to-door after a snowfall, offering to shovel people’s driveways for $15 to $20 a driveway.
These days, it’s much easier to find these types of gigs thanks to the rise of odd jobs apps.
According to Steady, its members earn an additional $5,500 per year in income. Not bad when you need $50 dollars now and need somewhere to start hustling.
And if all of these ideas fail, you can always find cash jobs on Craigslist or other local marketplaces.
6. Try Gig Economy Jobs
Speaking of cash gigs, another solution when you need $50 right now is to use gig economy apps to make money.
This is another method many of my friends and I have used to make money over the years. And the benefit of the gig economy is that it’s flexible and has plenty of jobs that can pay a quick $50 or more.
Several leading gig apps you can use to earn with include:
- Uber Eats: One of the leading food delivery apps in the world that lets you deliver via car, bike, or scooter.
- Amazon Flex: This package delivery gig pays up to $25 per hour!
- Instacart: This app pays you to shop for groceries and then deliver them to Instacart customers.
- DoorDash: The most popular food delivery gig in North America.
- Shipt: Another grocery delivery gig like Instacart that pays a minimum of $16 per hour.
These gigs can take a while to sign up for, but once you’re active, making $50 shouldn’t take more than a few hours.
7. Open An Account With Current
Are you on the market for a new online bank account? If the answer is yes, one solution if you need $50 now is to open an account with Current.
This fee-free mobile bank pays 4% APY on up to $6,000, so it’s a great place to hold one’s savings. And right now, it has a nice $50 sign-up bonus, which lets you accomplish your income goal.
Here’s how you can get $50 from Current:
- Sign up with an account at Current
- Enter the code ‘WELCOME50’
- Add a qualifying direct deposit of at least $200 within 45 days
- Get your free $50 within 10 business days of your qualifying direct deposit
It’s that simple! And it’s a fairly simple sign-up bonus to go for if you’re willing to move your direct deposits around for a month.
If direct deposits are a challenge, you can read my post on the best sign up bonuses with no deposit bank requirements for more ideas.
8. Use Microtask Websites
Like using GPT sites, microtask sites are another option to consider if you need 50 dollars now.
These sites pay you for completing short online gigs like data entry, transcription, content moderation, and captioning. You can usually make $5 to $10 per hour, so earning $50 is possible in a day or two.
Some of the most popular microtask gig sites include:
- Clickworker: A global microtask site that pays its workers with PayPal money.
- Appen: This microtask platform hires workers from around the world for part-time online gigs.
- Amazon MTurk: One of the leading ways to make money with Amazon by completing short online gigs.
- ySense: This platform pays you to answer surveys and other short tasks.
These sites won’t make you rich by any means. But if you need 50 dollars now and want to make money online, they’re worth trying out.
9. Become An Airbnb Host
If you have a spare room or area of your house, another method you can try if you need $50 right now is to become an Airbnb host.
Plenty of people rent out things like a spare bedroom a few nights per month on Airbnb. And if you live in a touristy city, you can probably make anywhere from $50 to $150 per night with a single room.
This video from Airbnb hosts Kristen and Michael shares how much they made as Airbnb hosts within six months, so it’s worth watching.
I also like Airbnb since it’s a nice passive income source if you outsource things like cleaning. And again, you can make much more than a quick $50 with a single booking.
Extra Reading – How To Earn Money On Autopilot.
10. Collect Bottles & Cans For Cash
One final tactic you can use if you need $50 dollars now is to collect bottles and cans and then return them to the store.
This is a common way to make quick cash without needing any skills. And back in college, my roommates and I collected cans every semester and would then return them to the store for a nice payout.
Extra Reading – The Best Ways To Earn $50 A Day.
If you started today thinking – I need $50 dollars now – I hope this guide has helped point you in the right direction to reach that financial goal.
There are so many side hustles out there nowadays. So, it doesn’t matter if you grind out surveys with Branded Surveys or start delivering for Uber Eats; you can definitely reach that $50 target with a bit of work.
And who knows, you might even earn much more than that if you stack a few side hustles and stick with them.
Best of luck, and thank you for reading!
Want to try even more money-making ideas? Checkout:
- How To Make $200 Dollars A Day.
- How To Get $500 Dollars By Tomorrow.
- How To Get $50 In Free PayPal Cash.
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!