As one of the oldest computer games, Solitaire was introduced in 1990 with the debut of Windows 3.0.
These days, Solitaire is still incredibly popular. In fact, there are plenty of apps that pay you money for competing in Solitaire matches against other players. So, you can potentially turn your favorite card game into a new side hustle.
Solitaire Clash, one of the most popular paid iOS gaming apps, is a perfect example. It says you can win hundreds of dollars by playing competitive Solitaire games in your spare time.
But is Solitaire Clash legit? And does this app actually pay?
I downloaded and tested the app to find out. And my Solitaire Clash review is sharing how this app works, its earning potential, and reviews from other real users.
Let’s get to it.
Looking for other ways to make money? Checkout:
- Arrived: Invest in income-generating real estate with only $100!
- Branded Surveys: Share your opinion to get PayPal cash and gift cards!
Table of Contents
What Is Solitaire Clash?
Solitaire Clash: Win Real Cash is a free app from Aviagames that lets players play free games and compete in paid tournaments of Solitaire to win cash prizes. The app is the 7th most popular gaming app in this category, with 4.9 star average rating and over 96,000 reviews.
With Solitaire Clash, you play games in a Klondike Solitaire format, so the game is very similar to traditional Solitaire. And the app is similar to other gaming apps that pay, like Solitaire Cash, Solitaire Smash, and Solitaire Fortune.
Downloading the app is completely free. However, you have to deposit your own money and buy-in to competitive tournaments if you want to win cash prizes.
Overall, Solitaire Clash isn’t a risk-free side hustle. But if you want to potentially win large cash prize pools by competing in tournaments, it’s one of the most popular apps out there.
Is Solitaire Clash Legit?
Yes, Solitaire Clash is legit, and the app lets you compete in multiplayer tournaments to win cash prizes. It also has over 95,000 ratings on the app store with a 4.9 star average rating. However, you have to deposit your own money to make money with this app, so it’s not the best choice for everyone.
This is ultimately the main downside of Solitaire Clash and similar apps. If you want to make money online without spending anything, it’s not the right app for you.
However, if you’re a fan of these games to win real money and like Solitaire, it could be a great app to try. Just know that you can potentially lose more money than you make with this app, or double your money, depending on how you play.
How Does Solitaire Clash Work?
I downloaded Solitaire Clash to test it out for this review, and the apps is quite easy to use. Overall, it works in four simple steps:
- Download the app
- Play free games
- Play competitive tournaments
- Cash out
Time to dive into how each step works in a bit more detail!
1. Sign Up
You can sign up for Solitaire Cash for free, and the app is available on the Apple app store and Samsung Galaxy store. Unfortunately, there isn’t an Android app at this time.
After you download and open the app, you enter a username and choose your avatar.
From there, you play a quick practice tutorial game to learn how Solitaire Clash works, and then you’re off to the races.
2. Play Free Games
Solitaire Clash lets you play free games against other players to hone your skills. The gameplay is similar to traditional Solitaire, where the goal is to arrange your cards in descending order.
However, the game is competitive since you’re racing against the clock to get a higher score and to complete the 7-card tableau faster than your opponent.
If you win free games, Solitaire Clash pays you with gems. Accumulating enough gems can let you buy-in to small cash tournaments, but it takes an incredibly high amount of gems to do this.
In reality, the only real way to earn money online with Solitaire Clash is to deposit your own money and compete in its multiplayer tournaments.
3. Play Competitive Games
You need to be at least 18 years of age or older to compete in competitive Solitaire Clash games. These games charge a cash fee to enter, and if you win your match, you get your buy-in fee back plus a split of the prize pool.
Oftentimes, Solitaire Clash games cost a few dollars to enter and pay out a few dollars extra. In my Solitaire Clash app, I could enter a few tournaments for about $3 to $7 and win anywhere from $12 to $35.
There are larger cash tournaments, but these games cost more to enter. And remember: if you lose your game, you lose your buy-in and walk away with nothing.
Also note that paid Solitaire Clash games aren’t available in every state. At the time of writing, Solitaire Clash cash tournament games aren’t available in the following states:
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Puerto Rico or other United States territories
Overall, paid games are the only real way to make money with this online side hustle. But again, you might end up losing more money than you make.
4. Cash Out
Solitaire Clash players can withdraw their earnings via check, credit card, and PayPal money. The minimum amount to withdraw on Solitaire Clash is $2.
Solitaire Clash pays players on time, and the variety of cash out methods is a plus. And I like that the app pays you with actual cash and not just free gift cards or sweepstake entries.
How Much Does Solitaire Clash Pay?
Solitaire Clash advertises that you can win hundreds of dollars by winning competitive games. But in reality, a lot of games only pay you a few dollars if you win. And there’s a chance you lose more money with this app than you ever make.
The app states that it’s skill-based, and that players are matched with others of similar skill levels. So, you can potentially make a lot of money with this app, a bit of money, or lose some.
Pros & Cons
- Can win cash in paid competitions
- Low withdrawal minimum
- Bonus cash is available when you deposit funds for the first time
- Numerous cash out methods
- You have to deposit cash to compete in paid tournaments
- Cash tournaments aren’t available in all states
- You can’t withdraw bonus cash
- No Android app
- You might lose more money than you make with Solitaire Clash
Other Solitaire Clash Reviews
I downloaded Solitaire Clash and tried out the app to figure out how it works. Personally, I think it’s legit, but I don’t want to deposit money to play paid tournaments since I’m not great at Solitaire.
So, one of the best ways to tell if Solitaire Clash is worth it or not is to read reviews from other real players. And there are tons of Solitaire Clash reviews on the Apple app store where people share their experiences:
- rmaranon says: “Let’s be real. Most of us will never get our initial $5 buy in back. You’ll be broke and playing for diamonds/gems and not cash or cents before you know it. It’s fun. Just wish I didn’t buy into it.”
- James2theM says: “If you want to get this just for fun, you’ll still lose and end up having to wait to get more gems for free plays. If you plan to try for money, just don’t. I got this, and I was actually doing really well. I accumulated quite a bit, but then, I kept having a losing streak. I just tried again after waiting a while because I still had some in the account, but even if you have $10, if those are “bonus dollars” you can’t withdraw them, and they’ll use your actual cash before the bonus money. Complete and utter scam!”
- ObiwanJackson says: “They are real slick with this game. They make you think that you are earning real money, but nowhere do they state that they always use your money first and that no matter how much play cash you win in the game, they draw from your real money first.”
As you can see, a lot of people are unhappy with Solitaire Clash and think it’s a scam or too hard to cash out with. And many people think the app is pretty misleading with its advertisements.
The fact you can’t cash out your bonus cash also confuses many people. And again, it’s easy to lose way more money than you make with this app.
That said, there are also positive reviews, and some people report making decent money. So, it really depends on how well you play and if you want to make a deposit or not.
This Solitaire Clash review from YouTuber Jay Dubya also shares her experiences with the app and how she ended up losing more money than she could ever make.
The bottom line is that there are tons of games that pay you with PayPal cash that you can use. But most of them don’t require risking money like Solitaire Clash.
Extra Reading – The Best Jobs To Do With Your Phone.
The Best Solitaire Clash Alternatives
If you want to make money on the side without using apps like Solitaire Clash, you’re in luck.
There are plenty of high-paying apps and websites out there where you can earn real money without risking your own. Some popular options include:
- Branded Surveys: A leading survey website with a low $5 cash out requirement and free PayPal cash rewards.
- Blitz Win Cash: Another iPhone cash game that lets you compete in paid tournaments of Bingo, Solitaire, and Match 3. Just note that cash games aren’t available in AR, MT, LA, and TN.
- InboxDollars: This gpt site pays you for completing short online tasks and also has an instant $5 sign up bonus.
- Swagbucks: A fun rewards site that pays you to answer paid surveys, shop online, play trivia games for cash, and more.
- Match To Win: A fun puzzle game for cash that’s also available on iOS devices like Solitaire Clash.
- Survey Junkie: Another popular survey website with a $5 cash out minimum.
- Kashkick: One more way to play games and answer surveys for money.
Tom also made a YouTube video that covers some more legit ways to play games for money that you can use instead of Solitaire Clash.
None of these apps are going to replace your full-time income. But you can use them to earn money quickly without much effort, and you don’t have to risk any money to do so.
Is Solitaire Clash A Scam?
No, Solitaire Clash isn’t a scam. You can compete in competitive tournaments and win cash prizes if you’re a good player. However, you can also lose more money than you make with this app if you don’t do well in tournament games.
Ultimately, you need to be comfortable risking any funds that you deposit for play. There’s no guarantee of winning, and most reviews of Solitaire Clash cite frustration of losing money and not being able to cash out funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Solitaire Clash Really Pay?
Yes, Solitaire Clash really pays, and you can win money by competing in paid tournaments. And many of the games pay out $5 to $50 or more to winners.
You have to spend money for this phone side hustle to make money, so there is some risk. But if you like Solitaire and cash games, it could be for you.
Solitaire Clash vs Solitaire Cash – Which App Is Best?
Solitaire Clash is a competitive Solitaire app from Aviagames, while Solitaire Cash is a similar app that’s from Papaya Gaming. Both apps are similar and let you win cash by playing against other players in games of Solitaire, and each app pays you with PayPal cash or to your bank account.
You can use both apps if you want some variety, but the gameplay is very similar.
For more variety, I suggest checking out Blitz Win Cash since it lets you pay to compete in games of Bingo, Solitaire, pool, match 3, and more.
I hope my Solitaire Clash review helps you understand how the app works and what the risk versus rewards are.
All of these apps promise big money. You can potentially win big, but you also have to be good at Solitaire and feel comfortable paying to play.
Just know, there are so many ways to earn money online for beginners that don’t require spending anything. Overall, I hope you consider the pros and cons of Solitaire Clash before deciding to download it.
Looking for even more money-making ideas? Checkout:
- The Best Passive Income Apps.
- The Best Game Apps That Pay You Through Cash App.
- The Best Games That Pay Real Money Instantly.
Solitaire Clash review
Name: Solitaire Clash
Description: Solitaire Clash is a competitive app from Aviagames that lets you win cash prizes by winning multiplayer Solitaire tournaments.
Operating System: iOS
Application Category: Paid Gaming Apps
Author: Kim Ritter