Maybe you’re tired of playing video games and you’re starting some new hobbies. Or, maybe you’re upgrading to a different console or PC gaming setup.
Whatever the case, if you’re done with your PS5, you don’t have to let it collect dust in your bedroom.
There are plenty of ways to sell a PS5 you can use to turn your gaming system into quick cash.
So, if you’re wondering how to sell a used PS5 and want to get the most money possible, this is the post for you.
Let’s get to it!
What Determines Your PS5’s Value?
Before we jump into the best places to sell a PS5, let’s cover some factors that influence the potential resale value.
- Condition: When you sell your PS5, you need to be honest about its condition. Does it read discs properly? Does the fan work, or does the system overheat? What about scratches or any cosmetic imperfections? These can all have small or large impacts on resale value, but you need to be honest with buyers.
- Model: The original PS5 costs about $499.99 in the United States. The PS5 Digital Edition, which doesn’t have the Blu-Ray disc drive, costs about $399.99. So, think about the model of PS5 you’re selling and look at what new and used versions are selling for in your area.
- Age: Older PS5s can be slightly less valuable than newer ones simply because the odds of imperfections or problems with the machine increase. But if your PS5 runs perfectly, this isn’t really a concern.
- Accessories: Selling extras with your PS5 like controllers or your game collection can help you fetch a better price.
Also note that some people are selling PS5s for above regular retail pricing since there is a shortage. So consider this as well if it’s difficult to find one in your market.
The Best Places To Sell Your PS5
Now that you know what factors contribute to your resale price, let’s cover some of the best places to sell your PS5.
Note: some of these are online-only websites, which is perfect if you don’t want to meet buyers in person. In contrast, some of these side hustles involve selling in-person, so you can get paid in cash and don’t have to pay shipping fees.
Decluttr is one of the best ways to sell a used PS5, or any other type of electronic for that matter.
It’s one of the most popular resale marketplaces out there, and the selling process is super simple.
Here’s how Decluttr works for selling PS5s:
- Select the type of PS5 you want to sell (PS5 or the digital edition)
- Enter its condition (Poor, Good, or Faulty)
- Get a quote
- Accept your quote and ship your PS5 to Decluttr
- Get paid with PayPal money or check
Right now, Decluttr is paying around $380 for a Ps5 in good condition, so this is a pretty decent resale value for your console.
Decluttr also provides a prepaid shipping label so you don’t have to pay for shipping either!
2. Facebook Marketplace
If you want an easy way to sell your PS5 for cash, you can always try selling on the Facebook Marketplace.
Electronics and consoles are one of the most popular things to sell on Facebook, including PS5. Creating a listing is free, and you just need a Facebook account to use its marketplace feature.
Just make sure you post multiple photos of your PS5, and throw in extras like controllers and games to try and entice more buyers.
The downside of Facebook selling is that you usually have to negotiate and might encounter some lowball offers.
However, you get paid in cash, which is a plus, and you don’t have to deal with shipping or online payments.
Just make sure you meet your buyer in a public area or with people around you so it’s safe.
If you’re still looking for somewhere to sell your Ps5 online, you can always consider using Gizmogo.
This resale site lets you sell tech like gaming consoles, phones, laptops, tablets, and other common electronics for fast cash. All you have to do is search for your device on its website, get a quote, ship off your electronics, and then you get paid.
What I like about Gizmogo is that it provides free shipping for sellers since it gives you a prepaid shipping label. And you get paid with cash within one business day of Gizmogo receiving your PS5 or other tech.
Right now, you can sell a PS5 to Gizmogo for about $359 and a PS5 Digital Edition PS5 for $313. But the best offer quote changes all the time, so it’s worth double-checking.
Like Decluttr, Swappa is another effective way to sell a used Playstation 5 online.
However, Swappa is more of a marketplace where you sell to individual buyers, not Decluttr.
Your PS5 must be functional and in good condition. But you can potentially get a higher resale price since you’re selling to other people and there isn’t a middleman.
You also get to set your own price, and Swappa provides pricing recommendations so you’re competitive with other listings.
According to Swappa, PS5s are selling for around $670 right now!
You pay a 3% seller fee on successful Swappa sales, so keep this small transaction fee in mind.
If you want the flexibility to sell online or in-person, OfferUp is one of the best ways to sell a PS5.
Like Facebook, OfferUp lets you create listings for free and sell to buyers in your area.
Electronics are also a popular thing to sell on OfferUp, so you should get lots of bites on your PS5 listing.
If you sell in person, you can get paid with cash, so there aren’t any selling fees. OfferUp also lets you sell online, and in that case, you pay a 12.9% seller fee for the convenience.
You have to negotiate with buyers like Facebook, which takes some time, but the trade-off is you get a nice pile of cash for your used PS5!
If you want more tips for selling, you can also read our post on the best OfferUp hacks for sellers.
Mercari is one of the most popular selling apps out there, and it’s another great place to sell a PS5.
You can create listings for free with its mobile app in a few minutes. All you have to do is take some photos, write a description, and set your price.
People buy and sell electronics like Playstation 5s and Xbox’s all the time, so there’s a good chance you can find a buyer very quickly.
Mercari usually has the buyer pay for shipping, but one common Mercari selling trick is to cover shipping costs as a perk for the buyer.
Just note that Mercari seller fees are 10% on final sales, which could be a decent amount of money for your used PS5.
Extra Reading – The Best Websites And Apps Like Mercari.
If you’re still wondering how to sell your PS5 for cash, you can always turn to Craigslist.
This classifieds website is one of the most popular selling platforms there is. You can list stuff for sale for free, get in touch with local buyers, and then complete cash sales.
Like Facebook and OfferUp, make sure you trust your gut and don’t meet with buyers if something seems strange.
And if you get lots of lowball offers, save yourself some time and don’t bother responding and negotiating with people who aren’t willing to pay a fair price.
Extra Reading – Craigslist vs The Facebook Marketplace.
Another way to sell your PS5 is to list it on StockX.
The process of selling with StockX is very similar to Decluttr and takes four steps:
- Create a free StockX account
- Create a free listing for your PS5 and use pricing recommendations to price your listing competitively
- Ship your PS5 to StockX if it gets approved
- Get paid once StockX approves your Playstation 5
You pay a 10% transaction fee for your first sale. But what’s cool about StockX is that you get transaction fee discounts the more you sell.
Also note that you pay a 3% payment processing fee in addition to transaction fees, so StockX is a bit more expensive than Decluttr and Swappa.
One last place to sell a PS5 is eBay, one of the largest online marketplaces in the world.
Creating a listing on eBay is free unless you start listing hundreds of items a month. And the main advantage of selling PS5s on eBay is that you get access to millions of active buyers from around the world.
You can also sell through eBay’s auction mode or just set a set firm price to sell for.
eBay charges a 12.9% seller fee on most categories, so it’s a bit pricey for selling electronincs. But if you want to make a quick sale and sell online, eBay is one of your best options.
Extra Reading – Mercari vs eBay – What’s Best For Sellers?
Tips For Selling Your PS5
A used PS5 in working condition could be hundreds of dollars in fast cash.
And if you want the sales process to be easier, here are a few tips you can keep in mind when dealing with buyers.
- List on Multiple Marketplaces: Getting more eyeballs on your listings increases the odds of a sale and lets you compare more offers. So, don’t be afraid to list your PS5 for sale on a couple of websites.
- Respond to Buyers Quickly: When you sell on a marketplace, it’s critical to reply to buyers in a timely manner. Otherwise, they might move on and go with another seller.
- Know Your Lowest Price: Set a bottom-price you’ll accept for your PS5 so the negotiation process is simpler. If someone is way off your price, don’t waste too much time negotiating.
- Upload Several Photos: Buyers like to see as many photos as possible so they know what they’re buying. So, include photos of every angle of your Playstation and any accessories you’re also selling.
- Write Descriptive Titles: Describe the condition of your PS5, especially if it functions like new. But if it has any problems, you need to be honest with buyers and state so.
Extra Reading – How To Get $500 By Tomorrow.
I hope our guide helps you find where to sell your PS5 so you can turn your tech into cash!
There are so many ways to sell things these days thanks to the power of technology.
So, sell your PS5, and don’t be afraid to try flipping money and breaking into a resale business if you enjoy the process.
Best of luck with your selling!
Looking for even more money-making ideas?
- How To Turn $1,000 Into $100,000.
- The Best Places To Sell Sports Equipment For Cash.
- The Best Places To Sell Old Board Games.
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!