Are you wondering where to sell Funko Pops to make some extra cash?
Cute, colorful and extremely collectible, Funko Pops have grown from a fun toy to must-have merchandise from popular movies, TV and other entertainment. These pop culture collectibles allow fans to show their interest and support in their favorite characters, and are a fun portrayal of real life and fictional characters.
And if you have some Funko Pops, there’s a good chance you can turn your collection into some quick money if you know where to sell.
That’s why this post is covering the best places to sell Funko Pops you can use to turn your figurines into cash.
The Best Places To Sell Funko Pops
If you’ve been collecting Funko’s for a while and have been wondering if it’s possible to make a profit, you may be wondering about the best way to sell Funko Pops.
Thankfully, there are numerous online and in-person options you can use to sell Funko Pops for cash.
1. Become An Official Funko Reseller
Love all things Funko Pop and want to sell them for a living?
To become an official Funko reseller, you need a physical store or online seller website to even begin your application.
You also need to make a minimum of $2500 USD opening order and meet the minimum sales requirement per year.
This isn’t the best way to sell Funko Pops if you’re just trying to get rid of your personal collection. But if you want to start a business, this is the best route to take.
Unsurprisingly, another place to sell Funko Pops that is popular is eBay.
You can sell just about anything on eBay, and the massive auction site has long been a popular stop for those buying and selling collectibles.
The advantage of eBay is that you get access to a large marketplace of collectors. You can also sell through an auction style or set a fixed-price.
When selling Funkos on eBay, be sure to do your research on pricing and take multiple pictures that include close ups of the item’s packaging.
You also want to factor sellers fees and shipping costs into your pricing, which can impact your profits when selling Funko Pops online.
Finally, note that eBay charges 12.9% on sales for most categories, including collectible figurines.
The site poppriceguide.com can help you research current values of your pop vinyls when selling on eBay and also has its own marketplace to help connect you with buyers.
3. Reddit r/FunkoSwap
While it might surprise you, another excellent place to sell Funko Pop figurines is on Reddit’s r/FunkoPop subreddit.
This community of 40,000+ people is dedicated to trading Funko Pops. People swap and buy or sell collections every single day here, paying with PayPal, for most of the transactions.
The community is managed by moderators but is completely peer-to-peer. But it’s a great place to sell individual figurines or your entire collection.
Just note that sales are only allowed in the United States. And there have been some scams in the past, which is why using PayPal is important to have some buyer and seller protection.
4. Facebook Marketplace
You may be familiar with using Facebook Marketplace to sell locally, but did you know it’s also a great place to sell collectibles?
For starters, you can list your Funko Pops for sale on the Facebook Marketplace for free to find local buyers.
But you can also list your collection for sale in several Funko collector groups where there are even more active buyers.
These groups specifically target anyone interested in these pop culture collectibles and these buyers understand the value of the pieces (whereas local buyers might not).
Just note that selling Funkos on Facebook Marketplace will typically involve packaging and shipping your items, unless you happen to connect with a collector who is local.
If you are looking to sell Funko Pops for cash, WeBuyGames.Co can help.
This collectible reseller offers guaranteed cash for Funkos. The site offers instant prices on the items from your collection and provides a free postage label to stick to your package for shipping.
The downside to selling your Funko Pops this way is you’re going to get below market-value since WeBuyGames needs to turn a profit when they resell the figurines.
However, if you want a fast sale, this is one of your best options.
The site also has a handy mobile app where you can scan the barcode of your Funko Pops to get instant prices, so it’s a very useful tool if you’re selling a large collection.
Another popular way to sell Funko Pops is to sell them directly to Sell2BBNovelties.
This popular novelty site buys Funko Pops individually as well as in bulk. Sell2BBNovelties features over 10,000 different Funko items in stock, you can search the UPC of your Funko on their site to get an idea of value.
Sell2BBNovelties also updates Funko values weekly to keep in line with consumer demand.
Typically, your Funko Pops need to be in new condition with the packaging also clean and damage free. However, it’s a great resource if you’re selling in bulk or want a fast sale like with WeBuyGames.
Mercari is one of the most popular selling apps in the United States.
Popular things to sell on Mercari include clothing, home goods, electronics, and toys. But you can still list collectibles like Funko Pops and potentially find buyers.
Creating a listing is free and fast with Mercari’s mobile app. You get to set your own prices, decide who pays for shipping, and quickly find local buyers.
Buyers can contact you to ask questions or negotiate which is similar to other marketplaces.
When you make a sale, you pay a 10% Mercari seller fee, which is the main downside of this platform.
However, with some Mercari tricks like boosting your listing or offering free shipping, you might be able to find a buyer for your collection very quickly.
Extra Reading – eBay vs. Mercari – What’s Best For Selling?
8. Collector Conventions
Have a large Funko collection and know of an upcoming convention in your area?
In this case, it might be worth your time and the expense of an exhibitor fee to get a booth to sell your Funko Pops.
Attending conventions is a great way to show off your collection and to make money selling Funko Pops to collectors who appreciate their value.
When selling Funkos at a convention, make sure you have an adequate amount of items for sale to make it worth your time and have them competitively priced.
You also want to be able to accept various forms of payment including cash, credit cards, and even Venmo or PayPal money.
9. Big Apple Collectibles
Have a large collection of Funkos that you’d like to sell all in one place?
In that case, Big Apple Collectibles purchases Funko Pop collections of $1,000 or more and pays quickly via check or store credit.
Like other online retailers, it also has an updated buylist, so you know exactly how much you can earn for each one of your figurines.
Again, you’re going to get below market-value here since this retailer needs to resell your Funko Pops to turn a profit.
But for large collections worth over $1,000, Big Apple Collectibles is one of the best ways to sell Funko Pops online.
Like Facebook, OfferUp is another useful marketplace you can use to sell Funko Pops for cash in person.
The site lets you create listings for free. All you have to do is upload photos, write a description, and enter your price.
From there, buyers can contact you to ask questions or negotiate on price. If everything checks out, you can arrange to meet in person for a cash sale.
What’s cool about OfferUp is that it has a list of safe public meeting places which are usually near police stations or busy public areas.
You can also sell online, but OfferUp charges a 12.9% fee in this case, which hurts your profits.
Overall, it’s one of the best ways to sell Funko Pops for cash, especially if you live in a large city where there could be more buyers.
11. 7 Bucks A Pop
One final place you can sell Funko Pops for cash is 7 Bucks A Pop. This site is one of the best options if you’re selling a collection, and seller requirements include:
- Selling 75 or more Pops
- Having a few high-end Pops of $100 or more in your collection
- Having a smoke-free environment
To start selling, you fill out a form on its website that outlines your collection and the condition of your Pops. From there, 7 Bucks A Pop sends you an offer if it’s interested, and also pays for shipping if you agree to sell.
You get paid via PayPal, and this is a reputable site that’s great for selling larger collections.
Extra Reading – How To Get $500 By Tomorrow.
What Makes Funko Pops Valuable?
While Funko Pops started originally with a standard size and design, the styles available have grown with collector demand.
Multiple sizes of Funko Pops are now available, and newer Funko Pops even have distinct poses as well.
Several different lines of these pop vinyls are available, and collectors can find characters from movies, TV shows, comics, celebrities, anime and more.
Funko Pops can also be extremely valuable for a variety of reasons, with rare ones fetching hundreds or thousands of dollars.
Here are some of the factors that contribute towards their selling price:
- Exclusive Release: Some Funko Pops are sold exclusively at certain events such as Comic Con. Limited in number, these releases often become popular due to the limited number released. Other Funko releases may be limited to particular retailers, or part of a limited time promotion with another partner.
- Number Released: While some Funkos are released in large quantities, other editions have small releases which make them more rare and collectible.
- Chase Pop Vinyl: This rarer version of a Funko Pop release features a slightly different design and is identified by a golden sticker box front. Chase Pops released before 2015 can be particularly rare.
- Authenticity: Bootleg Funko Pops do appear on the market. When selling Funko Pops, make sure your collectible is a legitimate release. Imitation pop vinyls do commonly occur, especially among some of the anime characters.
- Age: Older Funko Pops can sometimes be valuable or rare, simply because of their age. To check the release date, look on the bottom of the box just under the social media handles. You’ll see a code that has the year, month and date of the release. Earlier releases also usually tend to have a lower item number, which is located in the top right hand corner of the box.
- Vaulted (No Longer In Production): Just like Disney releases, Funko Pop designs can go into the vault and no longer be released. Funko Pops that are no longer being produced often increase in value. Increasing value can take time however, since this version of the Funko Pop can be widely available for sometime on the resale market.
- Condition: Like most collectibles, you get the best price when selling Funko Pops that are in excellent condition. This includes packaged in the box, without damage and stored in a smoke-free environment. Even small scratches or dings in the Funko Pop packaging can significantly affect their value. Investing in a Pop Protector case can help keep your Funko Pops in the best condition possible.
- Protos: This type of rare Funko Pop are usually unfinished versions of pop vinyls that are made during production. They are sometimes given away by Funko at different events and are not often available for purchase.
Condition, material, and rarity are the most important factors. And now that you know what influences prices, let’s dive into how to sell Funko Pops.
Tips For Selling Your Funko Pops For Cash
Now that you know how to sell your Funko Pops, here are a few tips you can keep in mind while selling to make the entire process run more smoothly!
- Do Your Research: Research is everything when it comes to selling collectibles. You need to know the approximate prices for your Funko Pops based on their condition and current market prices so you don’t get ripped off or overcharge.
- List On Multiple Platforms: Cross listing on multiple platforms is a popular selling trick that helps you get sales faster since you get more eyeballs on your listings.
- Know Your Bottom Price: Buyers will often negotiate with you on pricing, so know the absolute lowest price you’re willing to accept and when to walk away.
You can also watch this helpful video from YouTuber Dr. Applesauce on how to sell Funko Pops and build up your collection on the side:
He covers numerous marketplaces where you can sell, but also the importance of building up your seller ratings on these platforms to get more sales.
Dr. Applesauce also really suggests buying entire collections from Facebook groups and then reselling them for profit.
Extra Reading – The Best Sites Like Mercari To Sell Stuff.
If you’re looking for where to sell Funko Pops, there are lots of different options. Whether you’re looking to sell one or two Funko Pops or your whole collection, selling these popular figurines can be a great way to make extra cash.
Condition of the packaging does impact the value of Funko Pops, so be sure to store carefully, and when shipping pack the items well. It’s also advisable to purchase insurance and have a tracking method when shipping your Funkos to buyers if you’re selling an expensive collection.
Have a selling method that we missed? Leave a comment below!
Thanks for reading!
Looking for even more money-making ideas? Checkout:
- The Best Ways To Flip $1,000.
- The Best Things You Can Pawn For Money.
- Where To Sell Old Disney VHS Tapes.
Kim Ritter is a frugal living expert, blogger and mom of two from small-town Iowa. What began as an effort to help her family save a few dollars a month has now transformed into a full-time passion to help others save and make money. Kim is also an expert in money-making apps, side hustles, and personal finance. Visit her online at Two Kids And A Coupon and follow her on Twitter for more money tips.