When you go shopping, the last thing on your mind is probably how you can turn that shopping trip into a source of income.
But if you’ve been reading This Online World for a while, you know that there are plenty of reward apps that pay you cash back for shopping at your favorite stores.
The NCP mobile app is a newer reward app in this category, and this exclusive panel lets you win prizes and free gift cards for your shopping.
So, if you’re ready to get paid to shop, our NCP mobile app review is covering everything you need to know about this exciting new shopping rewards app.
Let’s get to it!
What Is NCP Mobile?
NCP mobile, also known as the National Consumer Panel app, is a shopping rewards app that’s run by NielsenIQ and IRi. As a panel member, you earn rewards for uploading information about the products you buy and answering short surveys about your overall experience.
Nielsen and IRi are two massive market research and data analytics companies.
This is a premium research panel, which means you have to apply to join and submit some demographic information when applying.
How Does The NCP Mobile App Work?
Using NCP mobile, or NCP recap shopping rewards as it’s also called, is actually pretty simple once you sign up and join the panel.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Download the NCP mobile app for Android or iOS
- Apply to the panel
- Add your shopping purchases once you’re a member
- Scan products with the NCP barcode scanner
- Earn points
Let’s dive into how each of these steps works in a bit more detail!
1. Download The App
Just note you must be 18 or older and live in the United States to join NCP mobile.
2. Sign Up For NCP Mobile
Once you download the app, you have to create an account and apply to join NCP Mobile before you begin earning rewards.
However, if you can get into this premium panel, the rewards are worth it.
You have to enter a lot of personal demographic information when applying to the NCP Mobile panel like your:
- Name and phone number
- Names of everyone you live with
- Your household composition
- Education level
- Income level
- Products you normally like buying
Overall, it’s a lot of information to give upfront. But this is because you’re applying to a research panel that needs this information to collect data properly.
After you complete all of the profile questions, you might be allowed into the panel or placed on a waiting list.
Unfortunately, if you get put on a waitlist, there’s nothing you can do but wait for a spot to open up and an email from NCP letting you know you’re in.
3. Add Your Purchases
Once you’re a member of the NCP app, it’s time to actually start earning rewards!
The first step is to tap on the “New Purchases” tab within the app. This is where you find a long list of retailers that you might like to shop at.
To earn points, find a retailer that you recently shopped at and tap on it.
There are plenty of stores, like Target, Walmart, and plenty of other big box retailers, so this shouldn’t be too difficult.
4. Use The NCP Barcode Scanner
Once you pick a store you shopped at recently, you use the NCP barcode scanner to scan the barcode of the product you bought.
This is similar to apps like Shopkick, and you just use your phone’s camera and the barcode scanner within the app to scan your item.
5. Complete A Short Product Survey
After scanning the package you bought, the NCP app asks you a series of questions about your shopping experience and the product itself.
Remember, this is a data collection company, so this step is why you’re getting paid even though it might seem a bit annoying.
Examples of questions the NCP app asks you include:
- Who was with you when you went shopping
- How you paid for the product (cash, credit, debit)
- If you used coupons with your purchase
- If the product was on sale
- How you plan on using the product
- How often you shop for that product
- How often you shop at that retailer
- What day of the week you went shopping
- What time you went shopping at
This process can take a minute or two, and when you’re done with the questionnaire, you submit your responses.
6. Earn NCP Mobile Rewards Points
The NCP mobile app has to approve your submissions before you earn reward points.
This can take a few minutes, hours, or days from what I’ve seen online, so it’s all a bit random.
But points appear in your NCP account immediately after approval, so keep an eye on your earnings within the app.
How many NCP points you earn depend on how long you’ve been a panel member for.
This is because you advance through different membership levels the longer you’re an active member.
Here’s how the NCP mobile app membership levels work:
- Charter (0 to 6 months): 150 points per weekly scan.
- Bronze (7 to 12 months): 200 points per weekly scan.
- Silver (1 to 2 years): 225 points per weekly scan.
- Gold (2 years): 235 points per weekly scan.
- Platinum (3 years): 245 points per weekly scan.
- Double Platinum (4 years): 255 points per weekly scan.
- Triple Platinum (5 years): 280 points per weekly scan.
- Excellence (6+ years): 325 points per weekly scan.
As you can see, the starting scans pay you 150 NCP rewards points, and it stays this way until you reach Bronze tier after 7 months.
NCP Mobile App Rewards & Cashing Out
You can redeem your NCP rewards points for a variety of rewards like:
- Children’s items
- Free gift cards
- Home goods
- Sporting goods
Unfortunately, you can’t redeem free PayPal cash with NCP Mobile, which is a slight downside.
Many gift card rewards start at around 5,000 to 6,000 points for a $10 gift card.
As for merchandise, it might take tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of points to redeem rewards depending on the value.
But when you cash out, the process is very quick, and gift card rewards are electronic so you get them within a few days via email.
Alternatively, you can enter NCP mobile sweepstakes for the chance to win large cash prizes, prepaid Visa cards, or even rewards like a new car or expensive vacation.
However, you’re not very likely to win like any other sweepstake, so this is definitely an unlikely prize to win.
How Much Can You Earn?
Since gift cards start at around 6,000 points for $10, you need to complete around 40 scans as a new member to redeem your first reward.
Over time, it becomes easier to earn shopping rewards with NCP because you earn more points per scan.
If you look at what other users are saying online, you can find testimonials stating the NCP mobile app pays.
For example, in this review, one user was able to earn a few $10 gift cards after using the app a while.
In short, expect to make $10 to $50 or so with the NCP mobile app per year if you put in the effort to scan products and answer questions.
Other NCP Recap Reviews
It wouldn’t be a fair NCP app review without covering what other users are saying about this rewards app.
Right now, NCP Mobile has a 4.2 star average on the Google Play Store with over 32,000 ratings.
Here are some other NCP recap reviews from the Google Play Store:
- H Post says: “So far so good. It takes a lot of time and effort to scan everything but I like to get free gift cards so I just keep working at it. Saving for the 50 dollar amazon card. Why not? It only takes a few times a week to scan everything you buy.”
- Lee Orange says: “App is easy to use, but confusing whether store sale or store coupon, as both come off receipt the same way.”
- Merle Thies says: “I have been a member since July 19th 2021 and everything has been absolutely fantastic. It’s easy to scan and enter your information, it’s easy to take surveys when they are available, you get regular updates about service times or issues and payouts are easy plus on time.”
- KJ Farmer says: “This app is horrible. It didn’t scan a single barcode, and I offered several. Then, when I entered the number associated with the barcode it, without fail, said it was not valid. Finally, after I entered a LOT of data, it wanted the total amount from ME! What? The app cannot add the numbers I took a lot of time to input by hand? I would give this app zero stars if I could.”
As you can see, most National Consumer Panel app reviews are fairly positive, and people seem to like how easy the app is to use and understand this isn’t a get-rich-quick app.
Most negative reviews relate to how long it takes to answer product surveys or some specific app feature, like getting the barcode scanner to work.
But overall, most users seem favorable towards the NCP Mobile app.
Pros & Cons
Now that you know how to use the NCP Mobile app to earn rewards, here are some pros and cons you can consider to decide if this rewards app deserves a spot on your smartphone.
- Accepts a variety of receipts and retailers
- Easy-to-use barcode scanner
- Variety of rewards
- No PayPal money or cash payments
- Gift cards start at $10
- It takes a long time to advance through the loyalty tiers
Other Apps Like NCP Mobile
If you like the idea of NCP Mobile shopping rewards but want to earn even more for your shopping, you actually have lots of options.
Some of the best NCP Mobile alternatives include:
- Drop: My favorite mobile shopping app that pays you with gift cards for shopping at your favorite stores.
- Fetch Rewards: The leading grocery rewards app that lets you earn free gift cards.
- Swagbucks: This app pays you to play games, shop online, watch ads, and answer paid surveys.
- GetUpside: Save up to $0.25 per gallon with this gas rewards app.
- Amazon Shopper Panel: Earn up to $10 per month for uploading shopping receipts to Amazon.
- Receipt Hog: Earn free gift cards and PayPal money for uploading receipts.
These apps won’t make anyone rich. But if you use a few of them alongside NCP mobile, I think earning $100 to $200+ per year is pretty realistic.
For example, Rakuten pays you cash-back at thousands of stores, and Capital One Shopping automatically applies coupon codes at checkout for over 30,000 retailers!
Is NCP Mobile Legit?
NCP Mobile is a legit rewards app that pays you for scanning products and answering questions about your shopping experience. It’s from two massive, respected market research companies. Furthermore, there are so many positive reviews and plenty of payment proof you can find online.
Most negative reviews stem from app issues or not liking how long it takes to answer surveys.
But this is a legit and safe app that does pay you for sharing your data if you’re willing to put in the time.
Extra Reading – Fetch Rewards vs Ibotta – Which Reward App Is Best?
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Use NCP Mobile?
You must be 18 or older and live in the United States to apply to the National Consumer Panel app.
Is The NCP App Free?
NCP Mobile is completely free to sign up for and use. You’re getting paid for your data, and you don’t have to pay monthly membership fees to be a part of this panel.
Extra Reading – How To Get $5 Fast & Free.
Is There A NCP Mobile Referral Code?
You can enter an NCP referral code when you sign up to earn free points. How many points you earn varies depending on the code and ongoing referral promotions NCP is running.
Here are some NCP Mobile referral codes I found online that you can try:
At this time, NCP Mobile isn’t running its referral program, but you’ll see the option to enter a referral code when you sign up if codes are available again.
I hope our NCP Mobile Shopping Rewards review helps you decide if this rewards app is worth it or not for you.
Again, you won’t get rich by using this app, and it’s maybe $50 per year in easy free money.
Want to try even more money-making ideas? Checkout:
Note: Capital One Shopping compensates us when you sign up with the provided links.
NCP Mobile Shopping Rewards Review
Name: NCP Mobile
Description: NCP Mobile is a rewards app that pays you for sharing information about the products you buy and your shopping experience.
Operating System: Android, iOS
Application Category: Reward Apps
Author: Tom Blake
Ease Of Use
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!