So, you want to play mobile games for money and you’re looking for a JustPlay review to see if this app is legit.
Well, my family tested out the JustPlay app so we could learn more about this side hustle.
There are plenty of apps that pay you to play games out there. Earning money with these apps is easy, but a lot of them are also scams.
Today, I’m covering how JustPlay works, how much money you can make, and my personal experience with using the app to earn rewards.
Hopefully this helps you decide if JustPlay is legit and worth using!
Looking for more money-making ideas? Checkout:
- Branded Surveys – Share your opinion to earn free PayPal money and gift cards!
- Fundrise – Invest in income-generating real estate starting with only $10!
What Is Just Play?
The JustPlay app is completely free to download and use.
As you play games, you earn JustPlay coins that are redeemable for free PayPal money and gift cards.
It’s only available for Android devices at this time. Currently, JustPlay has over 1 million downloads and an average rating of 4.1 stars on the Google Play Store.
How Does JustPlay Work?
Like other gaming reward apps, making money with JustPlay is quite simple. In fact, the app only requires six simple steps:
- Download the JustPlay app and sign up
- Download sponsored JustPlay games
- Play games to earn coins
- Complete paid offers
- Watch ads for money
- Cash out your coins
Let’s cover how each one of these steps works in a bit more detail
1. Download & Sign Up
To get started, visit the Google Play store and download the JustPlay app.
So, you need a slightly newer Android device to use JustPlay, so keep this in mind.
Once you download JustPlay, you don’t even have to create an account to use the app; you just verify your identity when it’s actually time to cash out.
2. Download JustPlay Games
To complete our JustPlay review, my husband, my teenage son and I all downloaded the app on our Android phone.
It was quick and easy to download and no registration was required to get started.
Once you’re in the app, you see a list of JustPlay partner games you can download and play to earn coins.
Games display how many coins you can earn and often have a download bonus.
Some examples of JustPlay games in my list include:
- Ball Bounce
- Cookie Jelly Match
- Mad Smash
- Merge Shooter
- Treasure Master
Basically, it’s a lot of puzzle, card, and skill-based games. You can also find the occasional multiplayer game or some type of castle-builder game.
This is way less game selection than Mistplay, but it’s better than some other gaming reward apps that just offer one or two games.
3. Play Games & Earn Coins
The main way to make money with JustPlay is to download and play its partner games.
Once you download a game, you have to launch it from JustPlay’s app, not from your phone’s home screen.
This is an important step since JustPlay needs to track you playing games so it knows to pay you with coins.
As for how many coins you earn, it depends on the game and how long you spend playing.
JustPlay also randomly shows video ads that you can’t skip while you’re playing before paying you out your coins, which is a bit annoying.
But you should slowly earn coins the longer you spend playing a game. Games also highlight how many coins you can potentially earn in the download screen.
Note that like many other gaming reward apps, the number of coins you earn slowly decreases over time. So, you have to keep downloading new games to earn as much as possible.
I played a Solitaire game for a bit, and I earned 46,800 coins in that time, with 15,000 coming from the download bonus.
I had to watch a few ads in that time, which each took 30 seconds, although the Solitaire game was okay.
Overall, it wasn’t great, but coin bonuses for downloading games is a small upside.
4. Complete Paid Offers
Another way to earn coins with JustPlay is to complete various paid offers under the “complete offers” tab.
This section has a list of other games you can download and play to earn coins.
The main difference is that games require completing certain in-game achievements, which can take a few days or weeks even to complete.
But the rewards are much higher, and the game selection is also better than the main game’s tab.
Examples of some JustPlay offers include:
- Playing RAID Shadow Legend: Earn up to 26,500,000 coins.
- Playing Vikings War of Clans: Earn up to 4,960,000 coins.
- Playing Candy Crush: Earn up to 166,000 coins.
- Playing Mistplay: Earn up to 725,000 coins.
Tapping on an offer explains the different steps you have to take to earn all the possible coins.
For example, with RAID Shadow Legend, you have to complete the tutorial. But you also have to open a certain number of shards or make an in-app purchase.
This could take days or weeks of grinding, so this app is really meant for avid games who are already playing these games anyways.
There are dozens of offers, and this is by far the most lucrative way to earn JustPlay coins.
5. Watch Ads
These are generally 30 second ads for other gaming apps or random money apps. The first ad you watch pays you a 15,000 coin bonus. Once you watch an ad, you need to wait 2 minutes before you can watch another one.
Ads keep on paying you 15,000 coins when you watch them. This is basically making money on autopilot.
And if you end up reaching your daily earning goal, which is highlighted at the top, ads start paying you 30,000 coins instead.
6. Cash Out
JustPlay has a bit of a weird cash out system versus many reward apps that require earning a certain amount of money to redeem prizes.
With JustPlay, you can cash out your coins every three hours during a payout window. There isn’t a minimum cashout requirement either which is a plus for the app.
I earned about 55,000 JustPlay coins and was able to redeem a $0.68 CDN reward of PayPal money.
This means one JustPlay coin is worth around $0.0000125 dollars.
It’s honestly a very confusing system, and the fact you can only cash out every few hours in intervals is strange.
However, the lack of a cash out minimum is a perk. And you get paid instantly as well.
JustPlay App Rewards & How To Cash Out
There are three main categories of rewards on JustPlay:
- PayPal cash
- Free gift cards (companies like Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart)
- Charitable donations
You can cash out every three hours and there isn’t a minimum cashout requirement, which is one of the best parts of the app.
Rewards also payout instantly. Just note you have to verify your identity by taking an in-app video before cashing out for the first time.
Is JustPlay Legit?
Yes, JustPlay is legit and has thousands of popular reviews on the app store. It lets you earn money bby playing games and pays users on time. I also tested out JustPlay with my family, and the app paid us all for downloading different games and playing them.
When my family and I spent time experimenting with the app for this JustPlay review, we also found it very easy to use.
All of us thought the games on JustPlay were entertaining as well. And while the ads were annoying, the entertainment factor outweighed having to watch them, and earning money for playing was a nice bonus.
However, you won’t make enough money to quit your day job or to pay your mortgage.
If you have free time, JustPlay is a legitimate way to make money online. Just note the hourly earning potential is very low, so consider the opportunity cost of sinking time into the app.
How Much Does JustPlay Pay?
It took me about 30 minutes of playing two different games and watching some ads to earn $0.68 in PayPal money. This proved to me that JustPlay is legit and does pay, although it doesn’t pay very much per hour.
I have to admit that we found the JustPlay coin value a little confusing, and from reading up on this app, we aren’t the only ones.
Since one JustPlay coin is worth about $0.0000125 dollars, it’s hard to conceptualize how much you’re making for each activity.
That said, JustPlay won’t pay you more than a few dollars per hour, tops. If you grinded out a lot of games, you could probably earn $1 to $4 per hour with the JustPlay app.
Most of the real money comes from completing offers. But as mentioned, these can take days or weeks of grinding to complete.
JustPlay Pros & Cons
- Game Variety: JustPlay has dozens of different games you can play to earn coins.
- Fast Payouts: You can make quick money with this app since payouts are instant unlike some apps that make you wait several days or even weeks to receive your reward.
- No Minimum Cashout Requirement: JustPlay lets you cash out every 3 hours and doesn’t have a minimum requirement.
- Several Earning Options: Playing games, completing offers, and watching ads provide several ways to earn coins.
- Lots of Ads: The first thing you notice when using JustPlay is that ads are everywhere. The ads also can tend to be rather long. and some of them can be difficult to exit out of.
- Low Earning Potential: While you definitely can earn free money on JustPlay, you are not going to get rich. I played for a bit and made under $1. My son played for about 5 hours and made $1.70.
- Facial Scan Requirement: To prove you are a real person, you complete a facial scan before JustPlay pays you. This feature is one of most common complaints, and many JustPlay users report this facial scan glitching and preventing them from getting payment. The scan did work for me, but I have to admit, I wasn’t thrilled about doing it.
- Confusing Coin System: JustPlay coins are barely worth anything, so it’s difficult to track how much you’re actually making.
Other JustPlay App Reviews
I tested out JustPlay with my family for a few hours, and we found that it’s a legit gaming app, although it doesn’t pay too much.
But one of the best ways to tell if a gaming app is legit or not is to see what other users have to say about the app.
In terms of JustPlay, here’s what some other app users are saying on Reddit about their experiences:
- ActuaryAlternative75 says: “Don’t do the games they offer – go to the offer page and do those games. At the start I was making 5-7 dollars a day then went to longer goals and was getting 15-25 dollars per completion. I also do the 50 pt ads between a few times a day. I have 23$ waiting in my account and I’ll cash out tomorrow bc I finished another long haul game and got 10k pts and waiting to see what I get tomorrow.”
- SmaragdaKalixera says: “The way to get the most money from JustPlay is to do the offers, which are the same as for most of these apps, ie. finish certain levels in the games or sign up for something. The more points the offer gives, the more cash you will get when completing it.”
- Pitiful-Discount-840 says: “In the first month or two, go ahead and play those offers but as you go along that money gets less and less. My guess is that certain milestones/point tiers is what starts determining payout. All together I’ve cashed out about $70 since November. Last week I finished an offer and it was 6,000 pts and I got $4. A few days later I had 1200 points just from watching ads and it gave me $2. I’m not sure there is any rhyme or reason for their system.”
As you can see, users agree that the paid offers section is the most lucrative.
But as Pitiful-Discount-840 explains, you still earn less and less the longer you use the app.
This is a massive downside to using JustPlay and similar apps. Ultimately, you probably have to switch to other gaming apps over time to keep your earning potential high.
Best JustPlay Alternatives
If you like the idea of making money with JustPlay, you’re in luck!
There are numerous other apps like JustPlay you can use to play games for money:
Mistplay is one of the most popular alternatives to JustPlay, and it also lets you earn free gift cards for playing different Android games.
My favorite part about Mistplay is that it has a wide selection of games. And, you can redeem some free gift cards at just $0.50!
Gift cards include popular options llike Amazon, Google Play, and Visa. And Mistplay is always changing up its game selection so there are new games to try out.
Another excellent JustPlay alternative you can use is Rewarded Play. Like JustPlay, it pays you to download and play various free Android games in your spare time.
The advantage of Rewarded Play is that it has a massive selection of games. And, you have dozens of free gift cards to choose from as well.
You only need $5 to cash out as well, so you can earn your first gift card reward in a day or two of gaming. And new games get added all the time as well like JustPlay.
Surveys are the main way you make money with Kashkick. But you can easily earn $5 to $15+ for downloading different games and completing in-game achievements.
Kashkick lets you cash out with PayPal once you earn $10. And it’s a nice, reputable GPT site you can use alongside JustPlay.
Just note that none of these apps will make you thousands of dollars. But altogether, you can probably make a quick $10 to $25 per month in your spare time.
Also remember: apps like JustPlay are only worth it if you already like playing video games on your phone since this basically turns your gaming session into passive income.
Extra Reading – How To Make $5,000 Fast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is JustPlay A Scam?
No, JustPlay isn’t a scam. It pays you with points for playing new mobile games, and there is plenty of payment proof online. When I tested the app, it also paid me with coins for playing different games. Just note the earning potential is very low.
What Is The JustPlay Coin Value?
One JustPlay coin is worth approximately $0.0000125 dollars, which means you need 80,000 JustPlay coins to equal $1. You can cash out with the app every three hours, which is a very fast payout time compared to most other gaming reward apps.
Does JustPlay Pay Real Money?
Yes, JustPlay lets you cash out your coins for PayPal cash as one of the reward options. This is one of the main perks of the app since many competitors don’t have cash rewards and only offer free gift cards.
Are There Any JustPlay Hacks?
JustPlay hacks to earn free coins don’t work. There are advertisements out there for JustPlay coin generators or tips and tricks to cheat the system to get unlimited coins. But these are exploits and violate the app’s terms of service, so you’ll get banned and they don’t work anyway.
I hope our JustPlay review helps explain how this app works, how much JustPlay coins are worth, and how much money you can ultimately make.
But for instant payouts and solid game selection, JustPlay is still worth using.
Just remember to have realistic expectations since this is a fun side hustle and not a replacement for your job!
Looking for even more money-making ideas? Checkout:
- How To Make $1,000 In A Day.
- The Best Passive Income Apps And Websites.
- The Best Sites Like Qmee For Earning Rewards.
JustPlay App Review
Description: JustPlay is a gaming reward app that pays you with gift cards and PayPal cash for playing new mobile games, completing offers, and watching ads.
Operating System: Android
Application Category: Gaming Rewards
Author: Kim Ritter
Kim Ritter is a frugal living expert, blogger and mom of two from small-town Iowa. What began as an effort to help her family save a few dollars a month has now transformed into a full-time passion to help others save and make money. Kim is also an expert in money-making apps, side hustles, and personal finance. Visit her online at Two Kids And A Coupon and follow her on Twitter for more money tips.