Social Rebel claims you get a $50 sign up bonus and can earn hundreds of dollars with just a little bit of work. Compared to many other reward websites, it looks like it pays significantly more for your time.
But is Social Rebel legit and actually worth using?
Well, as I’ll explain in this review, there are a lot of red flags to watch out for. Plus, I think there are some much better alternatives that are legitimate ways to make money online.
What Is Social Rebel?
SocialRebel.app is a get-paid-to website that’s available in 140 countries. The platform pays a lucrative $50 sign-up bonus and claims you can make $500 in a very short amount of time.
The site offers numerous ways to earn money, and you can sign up in about 30 seconds. It’s pretty much a standard rewards website, except the promised payouts are all incredibly high.
However, as I’ll explain, these payments are all too good to be true, so don’t get your hopes up!
Looking for more legit ways to make and save extra money? Checkout:
- Branded Surveys: Share your opinion and cash out with PayPal cash and free gift cards!
- Kashkick: Play games and answer surveys to earn PayPal cash in your spare time!
How Does Social Rebel Work?
You sign up for Social Rebel with your email, full name, and by creating a password. As mentioned, it’s available in 140+ countries, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and much of Europe.
Once you sign in, you can starting making money with Social Rebel by completing a variety of short tasks like:
- Using The Social Rebel Referral Program: You get paid $2 per click on your referral link and $20 if someone you invite signs up.
- Answering Surveys: Social Rebel claims you can earn $100 per survey you complete, and many surveys advertise a $100+ payout rate upon completion.
- Testing Apps: If you login through your smartphone, you can get paid to play mobile games and different apps, similarly to apps like Mistplay.
- Subscribing On YouTube: You currently earn $12 for subscribing to Social Rebel on YouTube and turning on notifications.
- Posting On Social Media: Social Rebel encourages you to share links on social media where you can earn more money by getting people to click on your referral links.
The variety of ways to earn is nice, and Social Rebel offers numerous ways to cash out. Options include PayPal cash, Venmo, Cash App, or various cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. There’s also a Social Rebel store with prizes like Apple iPhones, a PS5, and iPads.
You’ll also notice that the payout-per-task rate is insanely high; much higher than you find with other reward websites.
But again, don’t get your hopes up. It’s impossible to cash out, which is why Social Rebel is a scam and not worth your time.
Is Social Rebel Legit?
Social Rebel isn’t a legit rewards website. It tricks people into signing up by promising very lucrative sign-up bonuses and rewards. But it’s impossible to cash out, and the website is a complete scam and waste of time.
For starters, you need to complete so many different offers to be eligible to even cash out. This includes earning $220 in offer commissions, inviting five friends, and getting 15 clicks on your links.
So, this means your $50 sign up bonus and the cash you earn from the beginning offers you complete isn’t really yours; it’s just locked up in your Social Rebel account.
Furthermore, if you read Social Rebel reviews from other users, you see that no one has been able to cash out with this website. When you try and cash out, it usually flags you as being an inactive user or comes up with some other excuse to not pay you.
Here is what some other Social Rebel users are saying on Reddit:
- TopAerie1270 says: “I have more than $16,000 dollars and they never paid anything!”
- ubsaleem44 says: “So that’s what they’re doing now? You get to the stage of being paid and you get told you’re an inactive user? Andddd have the audacity to tell you to invite more people lol. This is all just pointing to a very well thought out elaborate scam. The company is keeping all the money and not paying out.”
- Substantial_Ask_8197 says: “Yes it’s a scam. It said complete the 1st steps to get paid. Now all of a sudden there are more steps!”
- Carter0104 says: “I received the same exact msg! First time I tried cashing out they said they had to verify my stats, but it would take up to a month. I completed a few more offers but decided to wait and see if I would legit get paid out first. We’ll of course I go check the status of my payout! Now says I’ve got to complete more offers and invites.”
As you can see, no one ever gets paid from Social Rebel. And any of the Social Rebel payment proof you see is on the company’s own website, which isn’t very trustworthy.
Best Social Rebel Alternatives
If you want to make money online, don’t waste your time with Social Rebel. This website never pays and is a complete waste of time.
Thankfully, there are plenty of Social Rebel alternatives that do pay rewards like:
- Branded Surveys: Share your opinion for free gift cards and PayPal money and cash out at just $5!
- Survey Junkie: Another leading paid survey site with free gift card and PayPal cash rewards.
- Pinecone Research: Earn $5 for every survey you complete with this premium research panel.
- Mistplay: A leading gaming rewards app for Android that pays you with gift cards for playing games.
Now, these sites and apps don’t pay you $50 to sign up or $100+ per survey, but they’re actually legit and pay their users.
You won’t get rich by using these sorts of programs, but you can make a quick $10 to $20 in your spare time without much effort or when you watch TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Social Rebel A Scam?
Yes, Social Rebel is a scam. It has hundreds of negative reviews from users who claim it’s impossible to cash out. The website promises a lot of money but makes you endlessly complete tasks to cash out but always makes new excuses for not paying you.
Does Social Rebel Really Pay?
No, Social Rebel doesn’t pay users. Most complaints about the platform are surrounding this issue. As soon as you can cash out, the platform claims you’re an inactive user and requires completing more tasks to cash out. But if you complete these tasks, it once again claims you’re inactive or that it’s taking time to verify your account before it can pay you.
Is There Any Social Rebel Payment Proof?
The only payment proof for Social Rebel is on its own website, so you can’t trust this information. In fact, the company was shut down in the past but rebranded to SocialRebel.app to keep on scamming people.
Social Rebel is a complete scam and isn’t legitimate. I wouldn’t recommend this side hustle to anyone, so I hope our review convinces you to steer clear.
The platform reminds me of sites like FlashRewards; it makes it seem like you can earn hundreds of dollars fast, but in reality, it’s so hard or perhaps impossible to cash out.
The bottom line is that there are so many better ways to make money online. You could use various reward apps, legit GPT sites, or even explore various passive income ideas. Just please avoid using Social Rebel at all costs!
If you’ve ever cashed out with Social Rebel or want to share your experience with this website, please let me know down in the comments as well.
Looking for legitimate money-making ideas? Checkout:
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!