At This Online World, we have a lot of guides on how to make money fast if you’re in a financial pinch.
But what about making money in one hour?
Well, with that type of time constraint, things get a little bit trickier.
However, if you’re wondering how to make money in one hour, you’re in luck. This post is covering 18 of the best ways to make money in one hour that you can use if you need quick money.
I’ve personally tested dozens of side hustles and money-making ideas over the years, or interviewed other people who have. And the following ideas are some of my very favorite ones for earning quick cash.
Let’s get to it.
Table of Contents
How To Make Money In One Hour
Some of the methods to make money in an hour involve using different side hustles that can pay you cash. In contrast, other ways to get money in one hour involve earning money online or using money-making apps.
Decide on which type of hustle you prefer, pick a few ideas, and then dive into this guide on how to make money in an hour!
1. Use Get-Paid-To Websites
If you’re wondering how to make money in one hour online, you can always use get-paid-to websites (GPT) to earn quick cash.
Some popular GPT websites you can use to make money in one hour include:
- Branded Surveys: Another leading survey site that pays you with cash and gift cards.
- Survey Junkie: Answer surveys and cash out with PayPal and gift cards once you earn just $5!
- Pinecone Research (U.S.): Earn $3 for each survey you complete with this premium survey panel.
- Swagbucks: This GPT site pays you to play games, answer surveys, watch advertisements, and for shopping online.
- Kashkick: Another way to make PayPal money by sharing your opinion.
- Ipsos iSay: A global survey website with a low $5 cash out minimum.
- InboxDollars: Another versatile rewards platform that also has an instant $5 sign up bonus.
I also made a video on some of the best paid survey sites you can watch for more information.
You won’t make thousands of dollars with these sorts of sites. But if you want to make money in one hour, they’re a realistic way to make $10 fast or more in your spare time.
2. Deliver Food For Money
If you have a car, bike, or scooter, another way to make money in one hour involves delivering food and groceries to people for money.
Now the catch with this idea is that you have to sign-up for various gig apps first that pay you to deliver food, so you can’t just do this instantly.
But once you’re approved, you can use various driving gigs to make money in one hour or less.
Popular food delivery apps include:
- DoorDash: Start delivering with the leading food delivery app in North America!
- Instacart: Lets you get paid to shop by delivering groceries to people in your city.
- Uber Eats: Another popular food delivery job like DoorDash that pays you to deliver food.
- Shipt: A leading grocery delivery job like Instacart that also pays well.
- Gopuff: Get paid to deliver food, snacks, and everyday essentials to people.
- Cornershop: Another popular grocery delivery job like Instacart.
- Grubhub: Another delivery gig like Uber Eats and DoorDash.
This video from Dasher Mike shares how much money he makes with DoorDash in an hour if you want an example of how to make money in an hour with these types of apps.
Jobs like DoorDash and Uber Eats are honestly great because you can go online anytime to start working.
And, both apps also have an instant pay feature that lets you cash out your daily earnings instead of waiting a week to get paid. This is what lets you make money in one hour.
The bottom line is that these gigs are some of the highest-paying gig economy jobs out there, and you can get paid quickly as well which is a plus.
3. Play Games For Money
There are numerous gaming reward apps out there that let you earn cash and free gift cards for trying out new games. These apps won’t make you rich, but they do let you make money in one hour or less while having some fun.
Popular gaming reward apps you can use include:
- Mistplay: Earn free gift cards for playing new Android games with the leading gaming rewards app.
- Rewarded Play: This app like Mistplay lets you win gift cards for playing Android games.
- Money Well: Another leading Android app with a low $0.50 cash out minimum.
- Cash Giraffe: This Android gaming app lets you win PayPal cash and free gift cards.
- Match To Win: A popular iPhone money game that lets you complete puzzle games to earn cash.
- GG2U: Another way to earn gift cards for gaming and by answering surveys.
- AppStation: Play Android games and earn PayPal money and gift cards.
- JustPlay: Another popular gaming app that pays you with free PayPal cash and gift cards.
- Gamehag: Earn gift cards, free Steam games, skins, and other prizes for gaming.
You won’t make thousands of dollars, but if you want to earn money in one hour, all of these apps and websites are viable.
Plus, if you already spend time gaming, this is basically a passive side hustle since you’d be gaming anyway!
4. Deliver Packages For Money
Jobs like DoorDash are great if you want to deliver food in your spare time to make quick cash in one hour.
But food delivery gigs are just the tip of the iceberg. In fact, there are plenty of other peer to peer delivery jobs out there that pay you to deliver packages.
High-paying delivery jobs you can try include:
- Amazon Flex: Get paid $18 to $25 per hour for delivering packages.
- Roadie: This gig job lets you deliver packages to people and small businesses.
- GoShare: A great way to make money with a cargo van, a truck, or larger sedan by delivering packages.
- ParaWorks: Another package and delivery gig app with high-paying tasks.
- Walmart Spark: This gig like Amazon Flex also pays you to deliver packages.
Again, you need to apply to these jobs first, which can take a week or two in many cases. But if you’re an active driver, these side gigs are certainly viable ways to make money in one hour.
Pro Tip: If you make money with a driving gig, you can use apps like Everlance to automatically track your mileage and expenses so you stay organized.
5. Make Money As A Freelancer
Another option to make money in one hour online is to sell your skills as a freelancer.
I make money every day with this tactic as a freelance writer, and even though I ask my clients to pay me monthly, I had gigs in the past where I got paid the same day I submitted work.
There are lots of industries where you can freelance as well besides writing and editing. And my video below shares the step-by-step guide to getting started.
That said, some popular freelance gigs include:
- Business development
- Graphic design
- Digital marketing
- Paid advertising
- Social media marketing
- Web design
- Voice over work
- Video editing
- Virtual assistant work
Websites like Fiverr and Upwork are a great place to find work, and you can turn to your own network as well to find opportunities.
This is also one of the highest-paying categories of ways to make money in one hour. And you can potentially turn freelancing into a full-time income with enough effort.
6. Sell Stuff You Own
One very simple method to get money in one hour is to sell stuff you own for cash. And the most basic option here is to pawn stuff for money or to just sell it outright to a pawn shop.
You can also try various selling apps and marketplaces, like eBay or Mercari or the Facebook Marketplace. I’ve actually done this in the past with selling old furniture and guitars on Facebook to make money during school.
My YouTube video also covers some of my favorite local selling sites and online marketplaces you can use.
With that in mind, some of the most popular things you can sell for fast cash include:
- Collectibles like sports cards, antiques, or even niche items like Pokemon cards and comic books
- Watches (you can also sell watches and jewelry on platforms like Worthy)
The downside to selling through a website or app is that it might not be fast enough to make money in one hour. However, selling online is an excellent way to flip money, so consider these options if you have a bit more time on your hands.
But for making fast cash, pawn shops or something like a garage sale is your best bet.
7. Do Odd Jobs For Cash
One of the most basic methods to make money in one hour involves completing quick cash gigs in your area.
Some popular services on TaskRabbit include gigs like:
- Junk removal
- Window washing
- Gutter cleaning
- Snow removal
Similarly, you can find cash gigs on Craigslist that involve junk removal, cleaning, helping people move, or jobs like painting and landscaping.
Finally, apps like Steady help you find local part-time jobs and income opportunities you can use to increase your income.
All of these platforms are great ways to make money in an hour, and depending on how tough the gig is, you might be looking at a decent chunk of cash.
8. Borrow The Money
Sometimes, the simplest way to get money in one hour is to borrow it. So, if you’re trying to make money in one hour, you can always consider asking your friends and family to lend a hand.
Of course, you know your social network better than I do, so decide if this is something you’re comfortable with and if it’s a reasonable amount of money to ask for.
You can also consider using platforms like Zippyloan that let you borrow $100 to $15,000 and send you the money as soon as once business day.
If this option doesn’t work for you, you can also try various cash advance apps to borrow some money against an upcoming paycheck pretty quickly.
Several popular apps in this category include:
- Albert: Lets you borrow up to $250 in a fee-free advance.
- Dave: This app lets you get up to $500 by tomorrow which can be useful if you’re in a pinch
- Brigit: Like Albert, you can also get up to $250 fast with Brigit.
- Klover: Another way to borrow up to $200 quickly if you need fast cash.
Just make sure you speak to a financial professional if you need advice for your specific situation. And always read the terms and conditions of any money-based agreement you enter.
9. Rent Out Assets
Wondering how to make money in one hour without paying? Well, the answer could be to rent things out to people in your area for profit.
The rise of the sharing economy has made this easier than ever before. Some of the most popular rental side hustles you can try include renting assets like:
- A spare room with Airbnb
- Extra storage space with a company like Neighbor
- Your vehicle with Turo or Getaround
- An RV with RVshare
- Camera equipment or other electronics with something like Fat Llama
- A parking space with Spot Hero
- Your unused Internet bandwidth with apps like Honeygain
Even a few rental gigs per month could be hundreds of dollars in your pocket depending on the asset. And this is also a nice way to get paid for doing nothing while your assets generate free cash for you.
10. Mystery Shopping Gigs
If you’re still wondering how to make money in one hour, you can always try different mystery shopping apps that pay you for completing short tasks in your city.
For example, the Premise app pays you for completing nearby tasks like:
- Taking photos of certain buildings
- Confirming if your grocery store sells a certain product
- Taking photos of store displays
Tasks often pay $3 to $10, and you can cash out for free Bitcoin or PayPal money. And a single task doesn’t take long to complete, so this is a very realistic way to make money in one hour.
11. Make Money On Reddit
While it might surprise you, there are several creative ways to make money on Reddit, and some of them can pay you in an hour or less. And I’ve used several of these options as a freelancer, so I know this method works.
For example, Reddit Beermoney has lots of resources on online jobs that pay daily, survey sites, and methods to get paid in one hour.
I actually have a video you can watch as well for some of the best ways to make money with Reddit.
r/SlaveLabor has gigs for a few dollars, but many can be done in under an hour, letting you get paid cash very quickly.
Overall, Reddit is a very useful resource, and you’d be amazed at the quick cash gigs you find on the freelancing side of the platform.
12. Scrounge For Spare Change
Has it been a while since you lifted up your sofa cushions or looked through pairs of old jeans or jacket pockets? If so, you might be able to make money in one hour by digging around for spare change.
Your sofa, clothing, or even places like your car are an excellent place to begin your search. And even if you make $5, that’s basically free money you didn’t have before!
You can also try finding unclaimed money, since sometimes, the government actually owes you money! In the United States, you can go to www.usa.gov/unclaimed-money to begin the search.
13. Leverage Sign-Up Bonuses
Speaking of free money, one more idea to make money in one hour involves leveraging sign-up bonuses that pay you for trying out new products and services.
Plenty of financial companies or apps and websites are willing to pay new users for trying them out. So, this lets you make quick money in one hour or less, just for trying out some new companies.
Some lucrative sign-up bonuses you can try include:
- Rakuten: Get $30 when you sign up with Rakuten and spend at least $30 on a qualifying cash-back offer.
- Current: This digital banking solution offers 4% APY and also has a nice $50 sign up bonus.
- MyPoints: Get a $10 free Amazon gift card when you sign up and spend at least $20 on a cash-back offer.
- Fundrise: This platform lets you invest in real estate starting with just $10, and it often has a $10 sign up bonus as well. Note, this is a Fundrise endorsement and we receive compensation if you use the provided link.
- Drop: Get up to 15,000 free points when you sign up with a Drop invite code.
- Fetch Rewards: A leading grocery reward app where you can earn 3,000 free points if you use a Fetch Rewards promo code.
- Ibotta: A shopping app like Fetch that often has a $20 sign up bonus.
This isn’t a ton of money, but hey, who would complain about making $50 in free money without much work?
You can always try similar strategies, like credit card or bank account churning, to maximize your earnings with this idea as well.
Extra Reading – The Best Sign Up Bonus Apps.
14. Collect & Return Cans
One of the simplest ideas for making money in one hour is to just collect cans and bottles around your neighborhood and to return them to the store.
Many stores pay around $0.05 for cans and up to $0.25 for large glass bottle where I’m from. So, collecting them from parks or a few streets could yield a nice chunk of change in a short amount of time.
15. Become A Website Tester
There are plenty of companies out there that pay you to test websites and apps that are in development. And this is also an effective online side hustle you can use to get money in one hour.
These user testing jobs typically require completing a few assigned tasks on a website or app and playing around to try and find bugs. In exchange for your feedback and testing, you normally earn around $10 to $15 for a 20 minute test.
Overall, website testing gigs are an effective way to make money in one hour online, and there are lots of companies you can apply to.
Several leading user testing websites include:
This YouTube video from Mr. Money also shares 20 ways to make money with user testing gigs and how this side hustle works.
It’s best to apply to several companies since they send out test invitations via email, so you’re competing with other testers to snag jobs. But with a single 20 minute gig, you can make an instant $20 or so, making this a very fast and efficient side hustle.
16. Use Reward Apps
These days, cash-back reward apps are extremely popular. And this is another incredibly easy method to make money in one hour.
Some of my favorite shopping reward apps and platforms include:
- Capital One Shopping: A leading shopping rewards extension that automatically applies coupon codes at checkout and lets you earn gift cards through its shopping credit system.
- Fetch Rewards: A leading grocery rewards app that has gift card rewards starting at just $3.
- Receipt Hog: A receipt-scanning app that pays you with gift cards or PayPal money for scanning receipts.
- CoinOut: Another leading receipt scanning app that you can use alongside Receipt Hog.
- Amazon Shopper Panel: Get up to $10 in free Amazon gift cards per month just for submitting your shopping receipts.
- NCP Panel: A new shopping rewards app that also pays you with rewards for your receipts.
- Pogo: This app pays you with PayPal money whenever you shop and sell your data.
With all of these apps, it’s realistic to make $10 to $50 per month or more depending on how often you shop.
And this is just the start of the rewards you can earn.
The bottom line is you can use these apps to make money in one hour if you have an upcoming shopping trip, and this is free money!
Note: Capital One Shopping compensates us when you sign up with the provided links.
17. Try Busking
If you have a skill like playing an instrument or something that can really please a crowd, you could always try busking to make money in one hour.
Instruments like guitar, violin, or some other easily-transportable instrument are a great option. And you can actually make money pretty quickly if you start busking on a busy street corner.
In this YouTube video, YouTuber Tito Larios shows how much money he makes busking one hour every day. This alone proves that all you need is one hour to make money with this side hustle.
Performative skills like juggling or some other type of street performance act can also work, so you can branch out from playing an instrument.
18. Walk Dogs For Money
Do you enjoy playing with dogs? If so, one way to potentially make money in one hour is to offer dog walking and pet sitting services in your area.
This is actually how a few of my friends made consistent money during college. And you can get started by using gig apps like Rover to find your first clients.
With Rover, you can find pet owners in your city who need help walking or looking after their furry friends. And you get to set your own prices, availability, and the types of animals you work with.
And if you create a robust profile with a good Rover headline, you can slowly attract clients and find a few steady walking or sitting gigs to help pay the bills.
A single hour of dog walking can easily pay $15 to $20 depending on the market. And you can also use local sites like Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to try and find some dog walking gigs.
19. Work On Your Budget
One final idea to get money in one hour is to take the hour to work on your monthly budget.
Creating a monthly budget is the first step in saving more money since you can actually tell where your money is going every month.
My advice is to start out by analyzing your previous few months of spending to look for areas where you’re spending a bit more than you’d like to.
For me, areas of overspending are usually on entertainment and restaurants, or alcohol. But once you know your problem areas, you can make notes of it and set hard spending limits for yourself to keep costs down.
Plus, you can start taking actions to reduce some of your spending. Maybe you can sell unwanted gift cards that are clogging your wallet, or return a recent purchase you don’t actually need, to reclaim some of your money.
All of these tips can be utilized within an hour. And if you save $50 per month, that’s $600 per year in extra money in your pocket!
Tips For Making Money In One Hour
Now that you know how to make money in one hour, here are a few tips you can apply to increase how much you make and your odds of success.
- Set An Income Goal: Do you need $5 fast, or $500? Different income requirements require different methods, so decide on how much you need before picking an idea.
- Try Several Ideas: Testing different side hustle stacks is the best way to find what you like and what pays the most. So, try delivering for Uber Eats, using reward apps, or sharing your opinion with Branded Surveys. Over time, you’ll learn which methods work best for you.
- Stick With It: If you fail at making money in an hour the first time, don’t give up! Testing side hustles is one key to success, but so is persistence.
One of my latest YouTube videos also covers some legit money-making apps you can use to earn money in one hour if you want even more ideas to try.
Extra Reading – The Best Ways To Earn $3,000 Fast.
I hope this guide on ways to make money in one hour helps you increase your income in 60 minutes or less.
Again, setting an actual income goal is important so you have something measurable to work towards. And I think playing to your strengths is important as well.
Ultimately, I think it’s possible to start a fun side hustle that also lets you make money in one hour. Hopefully, one or more of the ideas in this post work out for you.
Thanks for reading!
Looking for even more money-making ideas? Checkout:
- The Best Jobs That Pay $5,000 Per Month.
- How To Double Your Money In A Day.
- How To Invest To Make Money Daily.
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!