At This Online World, we have a lot of guides on how to make money fast if you’re in a financial pinch.
But what about making money in one hour?
Well, with that type of time constraint, things get a little bit trickier.
However, if you’re wondering how to make money in one hour, you’re in luck.
This post is covering 15 of the best ways to make money in one hour that you can use if you need quick money.
Let’s get to it.
The Best Ways To Make Money In One Hour
Some of the methods to make money in an hour involve using different side hustles that can pay you cash.
In contrast, other ways to get money in one hour involve earning money online or using money-making apps.
Decide on which type of hustle you prefer, pick a few ideas, and then dive into this guide on how to make money in an hour!
1. Do Odd Jobs For Cash
One of the most basic methods to make money in one hour involves completing quick cash gigs in your area.
And thanks to various odd job apps, this is much easier than you might think.
For example, websites like TaskRabbit let you offer your services to people in your area
Some popular services include gigs like cleaning, handyman help, running errands, and tech support.
Similarly, you can find cash gigs on Craigslist that involve junk removal, cleaning, helping people move, or even jobs like painting and landscaping.
Finally, apps like Steady help you find local part-time jobs and income opportunities you can use to increase your income.
All of these platforms are great ways to make money in an hour, and depending on how tough the gig is, you might be looking at a decent chunk of cash.
2. Use Get-Paid-To Websites
If you’re wondering how to make money in one hour online, you can always use get-paid-to websites (GPT) to earn quick cash.
In exchange for your time, you can earn free PayPal money, gift cards, and a variety of other prizes.
Some popular GPT websites you can use to make money in one hour include:
- Survey Junkie: Answer surveys and cash out with PayPal and gift cards once you earn just $5!
- Pinecone Research (U.S.): Earn $3 for each survey you complete with this premium survey panel.
- Swagbucks: This GPT site pays you to play games, answer surveys, watch advertisements, and for shopping online.
- Opinion Outpost: Another way to make PayPal money by sharing your opinion.
You won’t make thousands of dollars with these sorts of sites.
But if you want to make money in one hour, they’re a realistic way to make $10 fast or more in your spare time.
3. Deliver Food For Money
If you have a car, bike, or scooter, another way to make money in 1 hour involves delivering food and groceries to people for money.
Now the catch with this idea is that you have to sign-up for various gig apps first that pay you to deliver food, so you can’t just do this instantly.
But once you’re approved, you can use various driving gigs to make money in one hour or less.
Popular food delivery apps include:
- DoorDash: Get paid $23 per hour on average for delivering fast food and restaurant meals.
- Instacart: Lets you get paid to shop by delivering groceries to people in your city.
- Uber Eats: Another popular food delivery job like DoorDash that pays you to deliver food.
- Gopuff: Get paid to deliver food, snacks, and everyday essentials to people.
Jobs like DoorDash and Uber Eats are great because you can go online anytime to start working.
And, both apps also have an instant pay feature that lets you cash out your daily earnings instead of waiting a week to get paid. This is what lets you make money in one hour.
The bottom line is that these gigs are some of the highest-paying gig economy jobs out there, and you can get paid quickly as well which is a plus.
4. Try Mystery Shopping Gigs
If you’re still wondering how to make money in one hour, you can always try different mystery shopping apps that pay you for completing short tasks in your city.
For example, the Premise app pays you for completing nearby tasks like:
- Taking photos of certain buildings
- Confirming if your grocery store sells a certain product
- Taking photos of store displays
Tasks often pay $3 to $10, and you can cash out for free Bitcoin or PayPal money.
A single task doesn’t take long to complete, so this is a very realistic way to make money in one hour.
5. Deliver Packages For Money
Jobs like DoorDash are great if you want to deliver food in your spare time to make quick cash.
But food delivery gigs are just the tip of the iceberg. In fact, there are plenty of other peer to peer delivery jobs out there that pay you to deliver packages.
High-paying delivery jobs you can try include:
- Amazon Flex: Get paid $18 to $25 per hour for delivering packages.
- Roadie: This gig job lets you deliver packages to people and small businesses.
- GoShare: A great way to make money with a cargo van, a truck, or larger sedan by delivering packages.
Again, you need to apply to these jobs first, which can take a week or two in many cases.
But if you’re an active driver, these side gigs are certainly viable ways to make money in one hour.
6. Borrow The Money
Sometimes, the simplest way to get money in a pinch is to borrow it.
So, if you’re trying to make money in one hour, you can always consider asking your friends and family to lend a hand.
Of course, you know your social network better than I do, so decide if this is something you’re comfortable with and if it’s a reasonable amount of money to ask for.
You can also look into various loan options if you really need money in one hour.
For example, you can use providers like GetFundsQuickly to get loans starting at just $100 or ones that range up to $50,000.
Submitting information doesn’t take very long, and you can complete an application in about 5 minutes.
Plus, you get money as soon as the next business day, so the application takes under one hour and then you get paid the next day.
7. Make Money As A Freelancer
Another option to make money in one hour online is to sell your skills as a freelancer.
I make money every day with this tactic as a freelance writer, and even though I ask my clients to pay me monthly, I had gigs in the past where I got paid the same day I submitted work.
There are lots of industries where you can freelance as well besides writing and editing.
Some popular freelance gigs include:
- Business development
- Graphic design
- Social media marketing
- Web design
- Virtual assistant work
Websites like Fiverr and Upwork are a great place to find work, and you can turn to your own network as well to find opportunities.
8. Make Money On Reddit
You might think of Reddit as just being a place to look at memes and the latest Internet news.
However, there are several creative ways to make money on Reddit, and some of them can pay you in an hour or less.
For example, Reddit Beermoney has lots of resources on online jobs that pay daily, survey sites, and methods to get paid in one hour.
r/SlaveLabor has gigs for a few dollars, but many can be done in under an hour, letting you get paid cash very quickly.
Overall, Reddit is a very useful resource, and you’d be amazed at the quick cash gigs you find on the freelancing side of the platform.
9. Sell Stuff You Own
One very simple method to get money in one hour is to sell stuff you own for cash.
And the most basic option here is to pawn stuff for money or to just sell it outright to a pawn shop.
However, selling online is an excellent way to flip money, so consider these options if you have a bit more time on your hands.
But for making fast cash, pawn shops or something like a garage sale is your best bet.
10. Scrounge For Spare Change
Has it been a while since you lifted up your sofa cushions or looked through pairs of old jeans or jacket pockets?
If so, you might be able to make money in one hour by digging around for spare change.
Your sofa, clothing, or even places like your car are an excellent place to begin your search. And even if you make $5, that’s basically free money you didn’t have before!
11. Leverage Sign-Up Bonuses
Speaking of free money, one more idea to make money in one hour involves leveraging sign-up bonuses that pay you for trying out new products and services.
Plenty of financial companies or apps and websites are willing to pay new users for trying them out.
So, this lets you make quick money in one hour or less, just for trying out some new companies.
Some lucrative sign-up bonuses you can try include:
- Rakuten: Get $30 when you sign up with Rakuten and spend at least $30 on a qualifying cash-back offer.
- MyPoints: Get a $10 free Amazon gift card when you sign up and spend at least $20 on a cash-back offer.
- Drop: Get up to 15,000 free points when you sign up with a Drop invite code.
- Fetch Rewards: A leading grocery reward app where you can earn 3,000 free points if you use a Fetch Rewards promo code.
This isn’t a ton of money, but hey, who would complain about making $50 in free money without much work?
12. Play Games For Money
There are numerous gaming reward apps out there that let you earn cash and free gift cards for trying out new games.
These apps won’t make you rich, but if you already spend time gaming, you might as well get paid for it!
Popular gaming reward apps you can use include:
- Mistplay: Earn free gift cards for playing new Android games with the leading gaming rewards app.
- Gamehag: Earn gift cards, free Steam games, skins, and other prizes for gaming.
- Rewarded Play: This app like Mistplay lets you win gift cards for playing Android games.
- GG2U: Another way to earn rewards for gaming and by answering surveys.
- AppStation: Play Android games and earn PayPal money and gift cards.
You won’t make thousands of dollars, but if you want to earn money in one hour, all of these apps and websites are viable.
Plus, if you already spend time gaming, this is basically a passive side hustle since you’d be gaming anyway!
13. Become A Website Tester
There are plenty of companies out there that pay you to test websites and apps that are in development.
These user testing jobs typically require completing a few assigned tasks on a website or app and playing around to try and find bugs.
In exchange for your feedback and testing, you normally earn around $10 to $15 for a 20 minute test.
Overall, website testing gigs are an effective way to make money in one hour online, and there are lots of companies you can apply to.
Several leading user testing websites include:
It’s best to apply to several companies since they send out test invitations via email, so you’re competing with other testers to snag jobs.
But with a single 20 minute gig, you can make an instant $20 or so, making this a very fast and efficient side hustle.
14. Use Reward Apps
These days, cash-back reward apps are extremely popular, and it’s very easy to earn cash and gift cards for your daily shopping.
The idea is pretty simple: just download different reward apps, pre-select sponsored offers, shop, and earn.
Some of my favorite shopping reward apps and platforms include:
- Capital One Shopping: A leading shopping rewards extension that automatically applies coupon codes at checkout and lets you earn gift cards through its shopping credit system.
- Drop: My favorite rewards app that pays you with free gift cards for shopping at your favorite retailers.
- Fetch Rewards: A leading grocery rewards app that has gift card rewards starting at just $3.
- Receipt Hog: A receipt-scanning app that pays you with gift cards or PayPal money for scanning receipts.
- CoinOut: Another leading receipt scanning app that you can use alongside Receipt Hog.
- Amazon Shopper Panel: Get up to $10 in free Amazon gift cards per month just for submitting your shopping receipts.
- NCP Panel: A new shopping rewards app that also pays you with rewards for your receipts.
With all of these apps, it’s realistic to make $10 to $50 per month or more depending on how often you shop.
And this is just the start of the rewards you can earn.
The bottom line is you can use these apps to make money in one hour if you have an upcoming shopping trip, and this is free money!
Note: Capital One Shopping compensates us when you sign up with the provided links.
15. Work On Your Budget
One final idea to get money in one hour is to take the hour to work on your monthly budget.
Creating a monthly budget is the first step in saving more money since you can actually tell where your money is going every month.
My advice is to start out by analyzing your previous few months of spending to look for areas where you’re spending a bit more than you’d like to.
For me, areas of overspending are usually on entertainment and restaurants, or alcohol.
But once you know your problem areas, you can make notes of it and set hard spending limits for yourself to keep costs down.
And once you outline your budget, you can find even more ways to trim your spending.
For example, the Truebill app helps you find and cancel unused subscriptions, so you can avoid paying for services you don’t even use anymore.
Truebill also helps you track your spending, alert you for overspending, and can even negotiate different bills on your behalf to help you save on things like your home Internet or phone bill.
All of these tips can be utilized within an hour. And if you save $50 per month, that’s $600 per year in extra money in your pocket!
Tips For Making Money In One Hour
Now that you know how to make money in one hour, here are a few tips you can apply to increase how much you make and your odds of success.
- Set An Income Goal: Do you need $5 fast, or $500? Different income requirements require different methods, so decide on how much you need before picking an idea.
- Try Several Ideas: Testing different side hustles is the best way to find what you like and what pays the most. So, try delivering for DoorDash, using reward apps, or sharing your opinion with Pinecone Research (U.S.). Over time, you’ll learn which methods work best for you.
- Stick With It: If you fail at making money in an hour the first time, don’t give up! Testing side hustles is one key to success, but so is persistence.
Extra Reading – The Best Ways To Earn $3,000 Fast.
I hope this guide on ways to make money in one hour helps you increase your income in 60 minutes or less.
Again, setting an actual income goal is important so you have something measurable to work towards.
Hopefully, one or more of the ideas in this post work out for you.
Thanks for reading!
Looking for even more money-making ideas? Checkout:
- The Best Jobs That Pay $5,000 Per Month.
- How To Double Your Money In A Day.
- How To Invest To Make Money Daily.
DoorDash Disclaimer: Actual earnings may differ and depend on factors like number of deliveries completed, time of day, location, and expenses. Hourly pay is calculated using average Dasher payouts while on a delivery (from the time you accept an order until the time you drop it off) over a 90 day period and includes compensation from peak pay, tips, and other incentives.
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!