So, you’re wondering how to make 20 dollars a day online or in-person and need a helping hand with getting started.
Well, the great news is there are so many side hustle ideas out there you can use to accomplish this goal.
And, you can find ways to make $20 a day online, in-person, or even passively if that’s more your style.
If you’re ready to increase your income and want to get $20 a day, this is the post for you.
Let’s get to it.
How To Make 20 Dollars A Day
Earning 20 dollars a day might seem trivial, but this is an extra $600 per month or about $7,300 per year in additional income!
So, when figuring out how to get 20 dollars a day, decide if you want to hustle in person or make money online.
Once you decide on your preference, you’re ready to dive into these money-making ideas.
1. Use Get-Paid-To-Websites
One of the simplest ways to make $20 a day is to use get-paid-to websites, or GPT sites.
You won’t get rich by using these sites, but to make a quick $20 a day in beermoney, they’re effective.
Popular gpt websites you can use to get $20 a day include:
- Survey Junkie: Share your opinion and earn free PayPal money and gift cards in your spare time.
- Pinecone Research (U.S.): Get $3 for every survey you complete and cash out instantly.
- Opinion Outpost: Answer short surveys and make PayPal money for your efforts.
- MyPoints: Shop online, answer surveys, and enjoy a $10 free sign-up bonus with this GPT site!
Again, you’re not going to make thousands of dollars with these sites, so expect a fast $5 to $20 a day sort of thing if you put in the time.
2. Deliver Food For DoorDash
If you have a bike, car, or scooter, another method to earn $20 dollars a day is to make money with DoorDash.
DoorDash is the leading food delivery service in North America, and it pays you for delivering fast food and restaurant food to people in your city.
You can deliver for DoorDash if you’re 18 or older, and overall, it’s a great driving gig that pays very well.
DoorDash drivers earn $23 per hour on average, so you can make $20 a day just with a single hour or two of work!
Just remember to track your DoorDash mileage and expenses since you’re an independent contractor, meaning you’re responsible for tracking your income and expenses!
3. Play Games For Cash
Making money playing video games might sound too good to be true, and for the longest time, that was the case.
Some leading gaming rewards apps you can use to make $20 per day include:
- Mistplay: The leading mobile gaming rewards app for Android that lets you earn free gift cards for gaming.
- Gamehag: Play PC games and earn gift cards, free Steam games, and other fun prizes.
- Rewarded Play: This app like Mistplay also pays you with gift cards for playing different games.
- Flash Rewards: Another popular gaming rewards app for Android.
But if you’re already playing games anyway, you can use these gaming reward apps to turn your screen time into a nice passive side hustle.
4. Sell Stuff You Own
One of the simplest ways to make 20 dollars a day is to sell stuff you own for cash.
But it doesn’t matter if you’re just doing some Spring cleaning or want to start a flipping business; there are so many ways you can sell stuff for cash.
Some of my favorite selling apps and marketplaces include:
- Facebook Marketplace: A great way to sell almost anything for cash to people in your area.
- Mercari: An easy-to-use selling app that lets you sell in person and online.
- OfferUp: Another local or online selling marketplace that lets you sell anything from clothing to old sports gear.
- Poshmark: One of the best marketplaces for selling designer clothing, accessories, and shoes.
So, do some searching around your house and gather all of the valuable stuff you don’t use anymore.
Then, list it online on a few marketplaces and start negotiating with buyers so you can make some quick cash!
5. Deliver Groceries For Instacart
Instacart Shoppers can easily earn $15 to $25+ per hour depending on how large batches are and if you get decent tips.
This means a single delivery can make $20 in a day, and you also don’t spend as much in gas since a lot of your time is spent shopping in-store rather than driving.
Overall, jobs like Instacart are a reliable side job you can use, although you need a car for this gig since you’re transporting groceries.
6. Try User Testing Gigs
User testing gigs pay you for testing new websites and apps that are in development and giving your feedback.
In other words, you’re basically doing quality assurance work and sharing your opinion to help companies make better apps and websites for their customers.
And if you want to make $20 a day online, website testing gigs are the perfect place to start.
For example, companies like User Testing pay you anywhere from $4 to $120 per testing session, with most short tests paying $10 ti $15.
This means a single test or two can net $20 in a day, and there are plenty of other companies that also hire user testers.
Some of the best websites like UserTesting you can use include:
You have to accept testing gigs quickly since there’s lots of competition with other testers.
But if you land a test or two per day, this is a very simple way to earn $20 per day online.
7. Use Mystery Shopping Apps
If someone told you it’s possible to get paid for shopping, you might be pretty skeptical.
However, this is exactly what mystery shopping gigs pay you to do.
For example, apps like Premise pay you for completing short tasks in your area like:
- Taking photos of specific buildings
- Confirming the price of an in-store item
- Confirming if a store is running a sale
- Taking photos of product displays
Premise lets you cash out your earnings for PayPal money or free Bitcoin, and many gigs pay between $3 and $10, so you can earn $20 a day with just a few short tasks.
Other phone-based jobs like Gigwalk and Field Agent also pay you for completing short local gigs, and you get paid through PayPal as well.
8. Get $20 In Free Sign-Up Bonuses
While this is only a temporary idea to make $20 dollars a day, you can always leverage sign-up offers to score some free money.
After all, plenty of companies are willing to pay new users for trying out their platforms.
Some lucrative sign-up offers you can leverage include:
- Rakuten: Get $30 for free when you sign up and spend at least $30 shopping online on a qualifying offer.
- MyPoints: Get a $10 Amazon gift card or prepaid Visa cards when you sign up and shop online with at least $20.
- Fetch Rewards: Use a Fetch Rewards referral code and get 3,000 points ($3) for free!
- Drop: Use our Drop invite code and get up to $15 worth of free Drop points.
Again, you can only use these sorts of tactics once. However, so many reward apps and websites pay you for signing up, so why not score some freebies?
9. Create Passive Income Streams
If you’re wondering how to make $20 a day passively, there are actually so many passive income ideas you can use to make this a reality.
Here are just a few that you can try out to eventually earn $20 per day:
- Investing in income-generating real estate with companies like Fundrise
- Renting out things for money like a spare room on Airbnb or storage space with Neighbor
- Investing in dividend stocks and ETFs
- Selling stock photography or music for royalties
- Using passive income apps to earn money with your smartphone
- Selling your internet bandwidth for passive income
These are just several ideas, but my favorite part is that many are very beginner-friendly.
For example, Fundrise lets you begin investing in real estate with just $10. From there, you earn quarterly dividend payments, and Fundrise historically returns around 8% annually.
So by mixing and matching a few of these ideas, you can eventually create income streams that make $20 a day passively.
10. Make Money Blogging
Speaking of passive income, another way to make 20 dollars a day is to make money with a blog.
Now, blogging isn’t easy work or passive in the beginning. But it’s one of my favorite income sources to build.
This is because blogging has so many revenue opportunities, including options like:
- Affiliate marketing
- Running display ads with companies like Mediavine or Monumetric
- Selling your own courses or products
- Sponsored posts
It took me a while to make $100 a month with my blog.
But after about two years, my blog was making $20 a day or more very consistently.
And fast forward a few more years, and This Online World made $92,000 in 2021.
This just goes to show the power of blogging and what the income potential is like.
These days, my blog makes $400 a day or so in Mediavine income alone, and this is now semi-passive since I outsource a lot of writing.
Granted, it takes a lot of upfront work and practice to grow a blog into an income stream. But if you like writing and want to take on a challenge, blogging is onr of the best online businesses in my opinion.
11. Make Money On YouTube
If you’re feeling creative, another idea to make $20 a day online is to make money on YouTube.
I also know this is possible because after a year or so, my YouTube channel earns around $20 per day or even $30-$40 on very good days.
Like blogging, YouTube has a learning curve. Plus, you also need 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time to turn on ads to start making money.
But once a YouTube video ranks well, it can turn into a reliable source of passive income for years to come.
And I also like YouTube because you don’t need a lot of money to get started, which might sound surprising.
For example, here’s my budget YouTube setup that I used to grow my channel to over 10,000 subscribers:
- Sony A6000 Camera – $495.
- Audio-Technica AT2005 USB Microphone – $80.
- Wondershare Filmora for Video Editing – $60.
- Joby GorillaPod Camera Stand – $15.
So, for a $600 investment, I was able to create a new income stream that makes $1,000 a month now, largely on autopilot.
And of course, a single viral video can change your channel and life, so I think this idea to get $20 a day has some of the highest potential out there.
12. Start A Pet Sitting Business
One simple way to earn 20 dollars a day is to start a pet sitting business in your neighborhood.
People are willing to pay for dog walkers or pet sitters, and if you earn $15 to $25 per hour, a single hour or two with a client’s pets makes you $20.
And the great news is that you don’t need to find clients by yourself or canvas your entire neighborhood.
Companies like Rover connect dog walkers and sitters with people in their neighborhood who need help.
So, with a handful of clients, you might have a steady pet sitting and walking business on your hand, earning $20 per day or much more depending on how often you work.
13. Use Crypto Interest Accounts
If you’re still wondering how to make $20 a day passively, one newer idea you can try is to use crypto interest accounts.
These accounts can pay you 10% to 15% APY or more on your crypto deposit, which is much higher than any basic savings account.
This is also a passive income idea I’ve been exploring lately, and it’s pretty fun.
I actually started using Nexo to earn 7% APY on some Cardano I deposits, so I now get paid every day just for depositing my Cardano there.
All I did was buy some Cardano from Coinbase, move it to Nexo, and I started earning passive income.
Nexo also lets you buy cryptocurrencies on its platform, but I had some Cardano in my Coinbase wallet already, so it was quick to move it over.
To make $20 per day, you’re going to need a significant amount of crypto.
But if you’re interested in passive income and digital assets, this is one idea you can explore. Just never invest money in crypto that you can’t afford to lose.
14. Make Money With Freelancing
One final idea to make 20 dollars a day online is to sell your skills as a freelancer.
I also know this method can earn $20 a day online because online freelancing is how I make most of my income.
I quit my job a while back, went all-in on freelance writing, and moved down to Colombia.
At the time, I was making well over $20 a day from my writing, and I was able to find clients who pay $100 to $400+ per article depending on the topic and word count.
But freelance writing is just one path you can take.
Other popular freelancing industries and jobs include:
- Business development
- Graphic design
- Paid advertising
- Social media management
- Web design
- Virtual assistant
I turned to my own network and used my blog as a portfolio piece to find my first writing clients.
You can do the same or even find beginner jobs on Upwork or Fiverr to start building your portfolio.
It can take time to turn freelancing into a steady source of income. However, your income potential is much, much higher than making 20 dollars a day.
Extra Reading – The Best Ways To Make $300 A Day.
Tips For Earning $20 A Day
Making 20 bucks a day might sound impossible depending on your starting point, but every goal starts with baby steps after all!
So, here are some tips you can keep in mind while you work towards this income goal:
- Try Several Ideas: Testing several side hustles is the best way to find what works and what you enjoy. This could mean delivering for DoorDash, starting a blog, or using Survey Junkie. Pick some ideas that seem interesting and give them a try!
- Play To Your Strengths: If you’re a talented writer, freelance writing might be easier to make 20 dollars a day than becoming a virtual assistant. Play to your strengths so you have an advantage over the competition out of the gate.
- Set A Timeframe: Setting goals is great, but only if they are specific. So, decide on your side hustles and then set a timeframe to complete your income goal.
Extra Reading – How To Make $100 A Day Guaranteed.
I hope our guide on how to make 20 dollars a day helps you reach a new financial milestone and make the income you want to.
Again, there are plenty of side hustle ideas you can try. So, pick a few, have patience, and put in the work to make this a reality.
And remember: there’s also value is saving more money through things like budgeting, so don’t forget to play some financial defense as well.
Best of luck with your hustling!
Looking for other money-making ideas? Checkout:
DoorDash Disclaimer: Actual earnings may differ and depend on factors like number of deliveries completed, time of day, location, and expenses. Hourly pay is calculated using average Dasher payouts while on a delivery (from the time you accept an order until the time you drop it off) over a 90 day period and includes compensation from peak pay, tips, and other incentives.
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!