There’s no denying that everyone likes getting free money once in a while.
Thankfully, you can still get free money now without surveys, letting you enjoy some easy rewards without the annoyance of survey sites.
If you’re ready to score some free cash and gift cards, these no-survey options are for you!
Let’s get to it.
How To Get Free Money Now (No Surveys!)
Online surveys are one of the most commonly recommended side hustles.
But, if you’ve seen my video where I spend 10 hours straight answering online surveys, you know you don’t earn much with most of these sites!
So, this post is covering how to get free money without surveys so you can enjoy some freebies without having to use survey sites.
1. Shop With Rakuten
Out of all the ways to get free money without surveys, Rakuten is probably my favorite.
This shopping extension and rewards platform lets you earn cash back for shopping at thousands of different stores.
All you have to do is create a free Rakuten account, pick a partner you want to shop at, and shop to earn cash back.
Rakuten usually pays 1% to 5% cash back, but you can find rates as high as 10% or more.
Some popular Rakuten partners include:
- Old Navy
My favorite part about Rakuten is that it gives you a free $30 sign up bonus when you sign up and spend at least $30 on an eligible purchase.
And, Rakuten pays you quarterly with free PayPal cash, so this is a very simple way to snag $30 the next time you have to shop online.
The bottom line is this is one of the best and fastest ways to get free money, no surveys required!
- Earning Potential: Free $30 bonus and extra cash back depending on how much you shop.
- Sign Up: Get $30 in free money from Rakuten!
- Learn More: Read our Rakuten review for all the details.
2. Fetch Rewards
If you do most of the shopping for your household, Fetch Rewards is another way to get free money without surveys.
Apps like Fetch Rewards let you earn free gift cards for uploading pictures of your shopping receipts.
You have to buy products from partner brands, but Fetch Rewards has partners like Coca Cola and Kraft, so there’s no shortage of choice.
Once you upload your receipts, you earn Fetch Rewards points which are redeemable for a variety of gift cards, including:
You only need 3,000 points, which is worth $3, to redeem many gift cards, so this is a fast way to get free gift cards as well.
Plus, using a Fetch Rewards promo code gets you up to 3,000 points for free so you can redeem prizes even faster.
Fetch Rewards won’t make you rich of course, but if you want free money without doing surveys, it’s a good reward app to try.
- Earning Potential: Approximately $1 to $10 per month.
- Sign Up: Try out Fetch Rewards today.
- Learn More: Is Fetch Rewards Legit?
This gaming rewards app pays you for downloading and playing new Android games.
Basically, Mistplay pays you with points for leveling up in-game and for leveling up your overall Mistplay player account.
Mistplay also has a decent selection of game genres, including:
- Board games
- Strategy games
- Earning Potential: Approximately $2 to $10 per month depending on how much you game.
- Sign Up: Start earning rewards with Mistplay.
- Learn More: Read our Mistplay review for all the details.
Drop is one of our favorite reward apps, and if you shop through your smartphone, this app deserves a download.
In a nutshell, Drop lets you shop at hundreds of partners to earn Drop points. You then exchange points for dozens of different free gift card options.
Now, Drop also lets you answer surveys and play games for money, but shopping is certainly the main way to earn rewards.
One thing I like about Drop is that there are sponsored offers that pay $20 to $50+ in Drop points, so there are some very lucrative offers out there.
The downside if you need to complete a shopping offer to unlock $25 gift card rewards; otherwise, redemption requires $50 in points.
However, using a Drop invite code gets you up to 15,000 free Drop points, and avid shoppers can probably earn a frew free gift cards per year.
- Earning Potential: Approximately $5 to $10 per month depending on how much you shop.
- Sign Up: Sign up for Drop today!
- Learn More: Read our Drop app review for all the details.
5. MyPoints (Free $10)
Like Rakuten, MyPoints is another easy way to get money for free without answering surveys.
This get-paid-to website lets you earn cash by:
- Shopping online
- Answering surveys
- Playing games
- Watching ads for money
Surveys are one main way to make money with MyPoints, but you can skip this section and focus on the shopping offers instead.
I prefer using Rakuten since it pays a bit more, but MyPoints still has hundreds of partners, and cash-back rates can be higher sometimes.
Plus, MyPoints gives you a free $10 Amazon gift card or prepaid Visa when you sign up and spend at least $20 on a qualifying offer.
- Earning Potential: Approximately $1 to $10 per month.
- Sign Up: Get $10 from MyPoints!
Now I know what you’re thinking: surveys are the only way to make money with Swagbucks.
However, Swagbucks has changed a lot over the years, and it has a lot more features now than just answering surveys for cash.
For example, Swagbucks lets you earn points with tasks like:
- Shopping online
- Searching the web
- Watching videos and ads
- Playing mobile games
- Uploading shopping receipts
The shopping receipt feature is actually new, and Swagbucks is pretty comparable to reward apps like Fetch Rewards and Receipt Hog, so it’s great if you’re the main household shopper.
Reward options include hundreds of free gift cards and PayPal money as well, and many gift cards only require $1 to cash out.
- Earning Potential: Approximately $1 to $20 per month depending on how much effort you put in.
- Sign Up: Start earning rewards with Swagbucks!
- Learn More: The best Swagbucks hacks to make more money.
7. Earn Free Crypto
Cryptocurrency has been all the rage these days. So, unsurprisingly, plenty of companies are offering nice sign-up bonuses for trying them out.
Coinbase is the perfect example of this. This popular cryptocurrency exchange usually pays new users with $5 in free Bitcoin.
Plus, Coinbase has an “Earn” section where you complete short crypto education modules to earn small amounts of free crypto.
To date, I’ve earned about $35 in various coins for free from using this section, and it’s a nice way to kickstart your crypto portfolio if you’re considering this space.
I’ve also made a video on five different ways to get free Bitcoin you can watch if you’re looking for even more ideas in this space!
One of the ideas I mention in this video is to use the Lolli extension, which pays you Bitcoin as a form of cash back for shopping online, so there are some pretty creative options!
- Earning Potential: Varies depending on how much you invest and if you stake.
- Sign Up: Get started with Coinbase.
8. Use Passive Income Apps
Another way to get free money without doing surveys is to use different passive income apps.
There are several apps you can use to earn rewards, including:
- Mobile Performance Meter: Earn $0.10 per day in PayPal cash with this app.
- Cash Magnet: Earn up to $15 per month for turning an old phone into an auto-surfer device.
- S’mores: Get $0.10 per day for using this money lockscreen app.
- Bumped: Get fractional shares when you shop at your favorite companies with Bumped!
- Panel App: Get $1 in free gift cards per month with this data collection app.
- Amazon Shopper Panel: Earn free Amazon gift cards every month just for uploading shopping receipts.
- Nielsen Mobile & Computer Panel: Get up to $50 per year in free money for joining Nielsen’s panels!
Nielsen, S’mores, and Mobile Performance Meter are some of the highest paying apps in this category.
You have to be comfortable with sharing your data, but hey, this is another easy way to get free money without surveys.
- Earning Potential: $5 to $15 per month.
9. Workout For Money
Although it might surprise you, there are several ways you can get paid to workout if you use the right apps.
Basically, you bet a certain amount of money on yourself to lose some weight. If you reach your goal, you win your bet back plus interest.
Of course, there are even simpler and perhaps more lucrative options out there as well that also don’t involve surveys.
My friend did this in Toronto after we graduated, and he made decent money while getting exercise and exploring the city.
- Earning Potential: $10 to $1,000 depending on your weight loss challenge.
- Learn More: The best apps like Sweatcoin that pay you for exercising.
10. User Testing Jobs
If you want to make money from the comfort of your own home, you can always try various user testing gigs.
User testing gigs involve testing apps and websites that are in development and sharing your honest feedback.
In exchange for your feedback, you usually earn around $10 in PayPal money.
Websites like UserTesting are a great place to begin your search, and UserTesting pays around $10 and tests only take 10 to 20 minutes.
Other testing gig websites include:
The main problem with user testing gigs is that tests are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
This means testers usually join multiple websites to increase the odds they get an email test invitation and accept it quickly enough to get paid.
In either case, getting $10 for a 10 to 20 minute test isn’t a bad hourly rate.
So, if you don’t mind quality-assurance type work, this is one of the best ways to get free money without surveys!
- Earning Potential: Approximately $0 to $50 per month depending on if you get tests or not.
11. Use Micro Task Websites
Another way to get free money now with no surveys is to use micro task websites to make money in your spare time.
Granted, this requires some work, so it’s arguably not as free as some of the other ideas on this list.
Premise Data is one company in this space. Its mobile app lets you earn PayPal money or Bitcoin for taking photos of things in your city.
You can also use sites like Amazon MTurk to complete short online tasks like data entry or content moderation to get paid.
Micro task sites don’t make you rich, but you can make money without answering surveys which could be up your alley.
- Earning Potential: Approximately $10 to $50 per month.
- Sign Up: Try out Premise Data today or read our Premise app review!
12. Invest In Real Estate
If you want to get free money without answering surveys, investing in income-generating real estate could be for you.
And unlike traditional real estate investing, you don’t need thousands of dollars to get started.
In fact, companies like Fundrise let you invest in income-generating real estate for as little as $10.
Fundrise charges 1% in annual fees and has historically returned around 8% or more. Overall, it’s a beginner-friendly way to begin building wealth and putting your money to work.
Companies like HappyNest also let you invest in real estate with just $10, so there are several options you can explore out there.
- Earning Potential: Varies depending on how much you invest and appreciation.
13. Capital One Shopping
Like Rakuten and MyPoints, Capital One Shopping is another way you can save money while shopping online.
Capital One Shopping is a powerful browser extension that automatically applies coupon codes at checkout to find savings.
Plus, Capital One Shopping also pays you with shopping credits when you shop at eligible partners.
You can then exchange these credits for a variety of free gift cards, helping you save more on future purchases.
This is a similar idea to the Honey browser extension, and if you can’t find a good deal on Rakuten, you should definitely check if you can find savings with Capital One Shopping.
- Earning Potential: Varies depending on how much you shop online.
- Sign Up: Try out Capital One Shopping today!
Note: Capital One Shopping compensates us when you sign up with the provided links.
14. Neighbor Storage
There are lots of things you can rent out for income, but Neighbor is definitely one of the newer and more interesting options out there.
With Neighbor, you rent out spare storage space to people to get monthly payments.
Examples of spaces you can rent out include:
- Parking spots
- Spare rooms
You set your monthly rental price and also control when renters can come to access their belongings.
This means you can get an easy $20 to $100+ per month in free money, and you don’t have to worry about people dropping by at odd hours.
Becoming a Neighbor Host is also free, so if you have some spare space, you might as well monetize it!
- Earning Potential: Approximately $20 to $75+ per month.
- Sign Up: Become a Neighbor Host today.
- Learn More: Read our Neighbor review for all the details.
Tips For Getting Free Money Without Surveys
Now that you know some realistic ways to get money for free without surveys, I want to share a few tips you should keep in mind!
- Set Realistic Expectations: There are plenty of ways to get free money without doing surveys. However, most methods are fun sources of income and not full-on side hustles or ways to replace your main income.
- Try Multiple Methods: Testing out several ideas from this list is the best way to maximize rewards and to find what works best for you.
- Branch Out: Use these methods to get some freebies. However, don’t be afraid to try more lucrative side hustles like delivering for DoorDash or even trying out ideas like making money on YouTube.
Extra Reading – The Best Driving Apps That Pay.
With this list of ways to get free money now without surveys, you’re ready to score some easy cash and gift cards.
But, as I just mentioned, always consider the opportunity cost with side hustles like these.
Free money is great, but know that the earning ceiling for a lot of these ideas is quite low.
Thanks for reading!
Looking for other ways to make extra cash? Checkout:
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!