With millions of downloads, Sweatcoin is a massively popular fitness app for Android and iOS.
But, if you’re looking for easy passive income, Sweatcoin often falls a little short…many of the real cash rewards are simply unrealistic to reach.
So, while Sweatcoin is great for scoring discounts on health and fitness related products, it’s not very useful for boosting your monthly income.
That why today, I’m breaking down some of the best apps like Sweatcoin you can use to earn free gift cards and cash rewards.
If you’re looking for fun and useful Sweatcoin alternatives, this is the post for you!
Looking for awesome side gigs? Checkout:
- DoorDash – Get paid $23 per hour while out on deliveries as a DoorDash courier!
- Branded Surveys – Share your opinion to earn free gift cards and PayPal cash!
The Best Apps Like Sweatcoin
With platforms like Sweatcoin, you’re basically selling your user data in exchange for earning some free money and gift card rewards.
Some of these apps use a slightly different model and require betting on yourself to reach a fitness goal, but generally, you’re exercising and selling your user data for rewards.
Keep this model in mind, and use the following apps like Sweatcoin to stay motivated to get those steps in and to earn some gift cards and cash!
WinWalk is a free pedometer app for Android that’s one of the most similar apps to Sweatcoin there is.
With WinWalk, you start earning coins once you download the app and let it monitor your activity.
You earn 1 coin for every 100 steps you take and can earn up to 100 coins per day, so that’s 10,000 steps worth of activity.
Gift card rewards start at $10 and require 16,000 coins to cash out. Different gift cards you can redeem include:
What I like about WinWalk versus Sweatcoin is that you can realistically earn cash rewards from WinWalk (gift cards are basically cash).
- Earning Potential: $10 to $20 per year if you just walk, but more if you use the GPT offers
- Pros: Earn real cash rewards; multiple ways to earn coins
- Cons: Daily coin cap; still a slow earner if you just walk
- Get Started: Check out WinWalk!
Another popular Sweatcoin alternative you can use to earn prizes for your daily activities is Miles.
This app pays you with points for every form of transportation you take, including flying, driving, walking, and cycling. You can then redeem your points for various rewards like free gift cards, sweepstake entries, and merchandise discounts.
The advantage of Miles over Sweatcoin is that certain types of activity pay you bonus points over others. For example, running, swimming, and cycling pay the most, but you still earn points for activities like flying or driving.
Now, like Sweatcoin, Miles doesn’t pay very much; you’re looking at around $1 month in points if you’re very active.
But this is an easy passive side hustle you can try out, and the prize system is very similar to Sweatcoin.
- Earning Potential: Approximately $6 to $12 per year
- Pros: Earn points for every type of activity
- Cons: Low earning potential
- Get Started: Try out the Miles app!
- Learn More: Read our Miles app review for more details.
Out of all the apps like Sweatcoin, HealthyWage definitely has the most earning potential.
After all, this company pays winning teams up to $10,000 in cash for winning weightloss challenges, so there’s a lot of money on the line here.
So, how does HealthyWage work?
Well, in a nutshell, you can make money with HealthyWage by placing a bet on yourself to lose a certain amount of weight in a specific timeframe.
To get started, you use the HealthyWage calculator to estimate your reward range depending on how much you bet, your weightloss goal, and timeframe.
There are certain rules, like a minimum bet requirement of $100 and minimum weightloss target of 10% of your bodyweight.
Your timeframe also has to be between 6 and 18 months, but the higher your bet amount and more aggressive the weightloss goal, the more money you can make.
Of course, if you don’t reach your goal, you lose your bet, so HealthyWage carries an element of risk.
But if you want an app like Sweatcoin that actually pays real cash, HealthyWage is one of your best options.
- Earning Potential: All or nothing; can earn up to $10,000 with team challenges
- Pros: Earn real cash rewards; high earning potential
- Cons: Risk of losing your entire bet; not viable if you don’t want to lose weight
- Get Started: Get started with HealthyWage!
- Learn More: Read our HealthyWage review for all the details!
4. Evidation (Achievement)
Evidation, formerly known as Achievement, was one of the first fitness apps I tried as a college side hustle, and let me tell you, this app definitely caters to people who are extremely active.
With Achievement, you earn points for connecting a fitness tracker to the Achievement app and exercising.
Specifically, you can earn up to 80 daily points for:
You can also earn up to 6 points per day for logging healthy activities, like your sleep, meditation, or eating healthy meals.
You need 10,000 points to cash out a $10 free PayPal reward, so this is definitely a slow earner.
For most people, I think Achievement can earn around $10 to $20 per year. But it works with so many trackers, like FitBits and various health tracking apps, that really anyone can give it a try!
- Earning Potential: Approximately $10 to $20 per year
- Pros: Earn real cash rewards; works with most fitness trackers/apps
- Cons: Low earning potential
- Get Started: Start making money with Achievement!
- Learn More: Read our Achievement app review for more details.
Like Sweatcoin, StepBet is an app that pays you for getting your steps in.
However, unlike Sweatcoin, you place bets on yourself to complete step-based challenges with StepBet in order to make extra cash.
StepBet players buy-in to games with other StepBet players. The buy-in is normally $40 and games last for 6 weeks.
Each week, you have to reach a certain number of steps based on your previous activity levels. If you make it to the end, you split the prize pool with all remaining players.
StepBet winners usually earn around $5 to $20, but if you need some motivation to keep on walking, this is one of the best apps you can try.
The bottom line is StepBet is one of the best apps like Sweatcoin if you just want to focus on walking and getting paid for your steps.
- Earning Potential: Approximately $5 to $100 per year or so, depending on how many games you play
- Pros: Earn real cash rewards; affordable buy-ins
- Cons: Can lose your bet if you don’t reach your goal
- Get Started: Learn more about StepBet!
- Learn More: Read our StepBet app review for more information!
If you like the cryptocurrency aspect of Sweatcoin, you’re going to love LifeCoin.
With LifeCoin, you earn LifeCoins for walking and staying active.
You can then redeem LifeCoins for rewards like:
- Free gift cards
- PayPal cash
- Electronic gadgets
- Fitness apparel
The main downside of the app is rewards start at around $50 worth of LifeCoins, so it’s like Sweatcoin in that it might take months or even longer to earn a reward.
But if you want another crypto-like app like Sweatcoin, give LifeCoin a try.
- Earning Potential: $50 per year at most, but this is very tough to reach
- Pros: Multiple reward options
- Cons: High cash out requirement
- Get Started: Checkout LifeCoin!
Want somewhere secure to buy and sell your crypto?
Alright, time to bring some attention to the gig economy to mix up this post on Sweatcoin alternatives.
Now, Gigwalk isn’t exactly a fitness app at its core. But it’s still an awesome way to earn real cash for walking around your city and completing mystery-shopping like gigs.
Essentially, Gigwalk partners with brands and companies that are willing to pay for feedback from real life people.
As a Gigwalker, you complete odd jobs in your city to earn cash. Examples of gigs include:
- Mystery shopping tasks
- Taking photos of specific buildings
- Verifying the number of floors in an apartment complex
- Getting contact information for a business’ manager
- Rating the customer service of a business
According to Gigwalk, jobs pay anywhere from $3 to $100+ per gig, so it’s one of the higher-paying apps like Sweatcoin around. You also get paid through PayPal which is a plus!
- Earning Potential: $3 to $100+ per gig
- Pros: In-app map highlights nearby gigs and how much they pay; real cash rewards
- Cons: Most gigs are in major cities so you’re out of luck if you live in the countryside
- Get Started: Become a Gigwalker today!
8. Fit For Bucks
Fit For Bucks is another nifty way to earn rewards for walking, running, and generally staying active.
In fact, this is probably one of my favorite apps like Sweatcoin, although most of the reward options are only available to people who live in California (since Fit For Bucks works with local businesses.)
But the idea behind the app is cool: you download it, exercise, and then redeem your step count for rewards in your community.
Examples of rewards include:
- 60,000 steps for a free dessert (with purchase of entree) at select restaurants
- A free coffee for 20,000 steps
- $20 off fitness classes for 20,000 steps
If you live in California, definitely give this app a try to earn some freebies for getting your steps in!
- Earning Potential: Mostly discounts and free food offers, so hard to pinpoint an exact dollar figure
- Pros: Short time-to-earn since many rewards only require 20,000 steps!
- Cons: Only works in California
- Get Started: Learn more about Fit For Bucks!
DietBet is a fitness app from the same parent company of StepBet.
Unsurprisingly, DietBet also uses a betting model to let users earn real cash for reaching a weight loss goal.
This isn’t the most similar app like Sweatcoin, but I think it warrants mention seeing as you can actually earn real cash rewards.
Anyway, DietBet users can join two different types of games to start earning:
- Kickstarter – Lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks.
- Transformer – Lose 10% of your body weight in 6 months.
Most buy-ins are around $35, although the range is around $10 to $500, so there are definitely some higher-risk games you can play.
If you win, you split the prize pool with reamaining players, just like StepBet.
How much you earn depends on how many people are left standing and the buy-in requirement. But, some users have earned a few hundred dollars as we can see from this Reddit review:
If you’re serious about making money with apps like Sweatcoin, my advice would be to mix in several apps like WinWalk, DietBet, and StepBet at once to maximize your earnings.
- Earning Potential: $10 to several hundred dollars
- Pros: Real cash rewards; higher earning potential than most apps
- Cons: You can lose your entire bet
- Get Started: Learn more about DietBet.
- Learn More: Checkout our DietBet review for all the rules and details!
Extra Reading – DietBet vs HealthyWage.
Like Sweatcoin, Earthmiles is another fitness app that lets you earn discounts on health and wellness products for staying active.
Different types of activities pay out different amounts of Earthmiles:
- Walking: Earn 1 Earthmile for every 1KM
- Biking: Earn 3 Earthmiles for every 1KM
- Running: Earn 5 Earthmiles for every 5KM
As for rewards, you can redeem things like discounts for health and beauty products, water bottles, earbuds, snacks, and subscriptions to various fitness apps.
A lack of real cash rewards is a downside, but to be fair, some of the discounts don’t take too much effort.
For example, one offer that costs 200 EMS is to get 40% off and free shipping for a fitness apparel brand…so pretty decent savings and a realistic reward amount.
All in all, Earthmiles is one of the best Sweatcoin alternatives if you’re happy with earning discounts.
I’d stick with some of the other apps on this list however if you want quick cash or gift cards!
- Earning Potential: Discounts on health and wellness brands
- Pros: Multiple ways to earn; pretty decent discounts on certain brands
- Cons: No cash rewards
- Get Started: Learn more about Earthmiles!
11. Different Gig Apps
One final category of apps like Sweatcoin once again brings us back to the gig economy.
With certain side jobs, it’s possible to make money while getting your daily steps in.
Plus, the right apps pay way more than Sweatcoin or most fitness apps can ever manage. If you really want to increase your income, these apps are definitely for you.
Some of the best gig apps that also involve getting active include:
- DoorDash – Make money with the leading food delivery app in North America!
- Instacart – Earn $15 to $25 per hour delivering groceries in your city!
- Rover – Walk dogs for Rover and start your own dog care business to make extra cash.
- Shipt – Like Instacart, Shipt lets you make money by delivering groceries to people in your city.
- TaskRabbit – Complete odd jobs for people around town with TaskRabbit, and set your own hours and hourly wage!
- Handy – Make extra cash by being a Handy Pro and complete handyman-type gigs for people in your city.
How much you earn largely depends on your area and the time you put in, of course.
But, some apps really have a lot of exercise potential.
For example, in our post on DoorDash vs Uber Eats, our friend Grant explains how he makes money as a bike courier for both companies in Toronto.
If you pick up a gig like being a bike courier or shopping for groceries with jobs like Instacart, I think you can certainly make some meaningful extra cash each month while also staying active!
Extra Reading – Instacart Shopper Tips & Tricks.
How Much Money Can You Make With Apps Like Sweatcoin?
Realistically, all of these Sweatcoin alternatives can add up to a bit of quick money if you put in the time and effort. But don’t expect to make a full-time income from these sorts of apps.
Options like StepBet and HealthyWage can pay more, but you have to wager on yourself and complete your goals to get paid.
However, you can use a combination of apps to make as much as possible. And if these apps encourage you to be more active, that’s also a benefit!
If you really want to get active and make more serious money, once again, gig economy jobs like making money with your bike as a DoorDash or Uber Eats courier is probably a better call. Or you could try walking dogs with Rover or trying some similarly active gig.
Well there you have it: 10 apps like Sweatcoin you can use to earn some cash and freebies for getting your steps in.
As mentioned, many of these apps don’t pay very much, so don’t expect to quit your day job anytime soon!
But, the real point of Sweatcoin and similar apps is to stay motivated to get your daily steps and to exercise.
When you consider the financial benefits (and mental ones, too) of staying healthy and active, the rewards are well worth it.
My only advice is that if you want some serious extra cash, stick to gig economy jobs like being a bike courier since these definitely pay the most!
Thanks so much for reading!
Did we miss one of the best apps like Sweatcoin? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for other money-making ideas? Checkout:
DoorDash Disclaimer: Actual earnings may differ and depend on factors like number of deliveries completed, time of day, location, and expenses. Hourly pay is calculated using average Dasher payouts while on a delivery (from the time you accept an order until the time you drop it off) over a 90 day period and includes compensation from peak pay, tips, and other incentives.
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!