Maybe you’re doing some birthday or holiday shopping for someone special. Or, maybe you just want to treat yourself.
Whatever the case, there’s a good chance you’re going to do some shopping on Amazon throughout the year.
But if you don’t want to spend your own money, using Amazon gift cards is definitely the best strategy. That’s why this post is covering some ways to get $20 dollars in free Amazon gift cards or even more.
I’ve been earning free Amazon gift cards for years with various methods. And, all of the ideas in this post have the potential to make this amount, provided you’re willing to put in the work.
Let’s get to it!
The Best Ways To Get $20 Amazon Gift Cards For Free
There are many ways to make money online. And the great news is that a lot of these methods offer free Amazon gift cards as reward options.
So, if you want to snag a free $20 Amazon gift card or even more, the following side hustles are for you.
1. Use $20 Amazon Gift Card Survey Sites
There are plenty of survey sites for Amazon gift cards you can use to get free gift cards in a very short amount of time.
In fact, earning $20 or more worth of Amazon gift cards only takes a day or two of work with the best get-paid-to websites.
Several sites that let you get a $20 Amazon gift card for free include:
- Survey Junkie: Share your opinion and cash out for gift cards or PayPal money at just $5!
- Pinecone Research: Get paid $3 for each survey you complete with this premium survey panel.
- Branded Surveys: Another leading survey website with plenty of gift card rewards and a $5 cash out minimum.
- Swagbucks: Make money by answering surveys, playing paid trivia games, watching ads, and more.
- Opinion Outpost: Another leading survey site that pays you with Amazon gift cards or PayPal.
Pinecone Research pays the most out of these sites, but all-in-all, this is one of the simplest ways to score free Amazon gift cards.
2. Try The Amazon Trade-In Program
Another way to get a free $20 Amazon gift card or even more is to use Amazon’s own trade-in program.
A lot of people don’t know about this program. But Amazon actually pays you with free gift cards for returning used electronics, books, and games.
Here’s how the trade-in program works:
- Select the item you want to return to Amazon from its list of eligible products.
- Enter information about the product’s make, model, and condition.
- Get a quote from Amazon for how much it’s worth.
- Ship it to Amazon if you accept the quote with a prepaid shipping label.
- Get paid with free Amazon gift cards after Amazon inspects and approves your product.
Thousands of products are eligible for trade-in, including ones like Kindle readers, tablets, smart home devices, smartphones, and even gaming consoles like PS5s and Xboxes.
You won’t get full-value for your trade-in items. But you can definitely get a free $20 Amazon gift card or way more depending on the tech you trade in.
3. Shopping Reward Apps
Like answering surveys for $20 Amazon gift cards, you can also use reward apps to snag free gift cards for your everyday shopping.
There are plenty of apps that pay you with cash-back or gift cards for shopping at certain retailers.
Some of our favorite reward apps include:
- Drop: A leading reward app that pays you with free gift cards for shopping at hundreds of retailers.
- Fetch Rewards: Earn free Amazon gift cards and other gift cards for uploading your grocery receipts.
- GetUpside: A leading gas rewards app that lets you earn free PayPal money and Amazon gift cards for refueling.
- Receipt Hog: Upload your shopping receipts for free gift cards to Amazon or PayPal money.
How quickly you get your free $20 Amazon gift card depends on how often you shop.
But if you do your household’s groceries or most of the shopping, you can realistically earn this amount in a month, or even more.
I know I already covered surveys for $20 Amazon gift cards you can use to earn some freebies.
With MyPoints, you can make money by answering paid surveys, shopping online, and playing games.
Surveys are the main way to make money. But MyPoints also gives you a free $10 Amazon gift card when you sign up and spend at least $20 on a shopping offer.
This is a great cash-back offer, and it gets you halfway to your $20 free Amazon gift card goal just like that!
So, if you’re already grinding out surveys for gift cards, you should definitely add MyPoints into your list of sites.
5. Play Games For Amazon Gift Cards
If someone told you it’s possible to play video games for money, you might think it’s too good to be true.
However, there’s actually plenty of apps that pay you for playing games that you can use to get $20 in free Amazon gift cards pretty quickly.
Some of our favorite paid gaming apps include:
- Mistplay: The leading gaming rewards app for Android that lets you cash out Amazon gift cards at just $0.50!
- Gamehag: A leading PC gaming rewards platform that pays you with free Steam games, Amazon gift cards, and in-game skins.
- Swagbucks: You can answer surveys for money on Swagbucks but also play games, shop online, and watch ads.
- Rewarded Play: Another popular gaming app that’s similar to Mistplay.
But if this is you, gaming apps are a simple yet effective way to get $20 in free Amazon gift cards or way more depending on how much you play.
6. Amazon Shopper Panel
Another excellent option to get $20 in free Amazon gift cards without much work is to use the Amazon Shopper Panel app.
This Amazon-owned app pays you with free gift cards just for uploading pictures of your shopping receipts.
If you upload 10 receipts in a month, you get a free $10 Amazon gift card. That’s $120 per year just for uploading shopping receipts!
For a receipt to be eligible, it can’t be from Amazon, Whole Foods, or any Amazon-owned business. But practically every other receipt is fair game.
The app also has short surveys you can sometimes answer to earn even more, and it’s very easy to use.
There’s currently a waitlist to join, and Amazon Shopper Panel is only available in the United States at this time.
But you can get $20 in Amazon gift cards in two months without much effort at all once you get accepted.
7. Amazon Rewards Card
If you’re an avid Amazon shopper, you can always sign up for its Rewards Visa Card to maximize every dollar you spend.
For starters, this card doesn’t have an annual fee and provides perks like:
- 3% cash back at Amazon and Whole Foods
- 2% cash back at restaurants, gas stations, and pharmacies
- 1% cash back on utilities, rideshare apps, and all other purchases
You also get a free $50 Amazon gift card upon approval to help sweeten the deal.
And for Prime Members, you can opt for the Prime-version of this rewards card that pays 5% back at Amazon and Whole Foods and has the same perks as the regular card.
8. Use Passive Income Apps
One final way to get $20 in free Amazon gift cards or even more is to use passive income apps.
Like survey sites and reward apps, there are plenty of apps that pay you passive income for sharing your data or simply having them on your phone.
I used to use a lot of these apps during my phone farming days, and they’re an easy way to get $5 to $20 in free Amazon gift cards every month or so.
Some of my favorite passive income apps include:
- MobileXpression: Earn $5 worth of credits every month with this data collection app and cash out for gift cards to Amazon, Best Buy, or Starbucks.
- S’mores: This money lockscreen app pays you $0.10 per day just for unlocking your phone and has Amazon gift card rewards.
- Panel App: Earn $1 per month in free gift cards for sharing your data.
- Upvoice: Earn up to $75 per year in Amazon gift cards for browsing the web.
- Cash Magnet: Turn your phone into a surfing device and make money on autopilot with this Android app.
These apps won’t make you rich by any means. But for snagging 20 dollars of free Amazon gift cards every now and again, they get the job done.
Tips For Getting $20 In Free Amazon Gift Cards
Now that you know how to get $20 in free Amazon gift cards, here are a few tips you can keep in mind to make the process much easier!
- Try Several Ideas: Trying several beermoney apps or methods lets you cherry-pick the highest paying offer. So, don’t be afraid to use apps like Fetch Rewards, a few survey sites, and some other ideas from this list to earn rewards faster.
- Consider Opportunity Costs: Getting a free $20 Amazon gift card is great. But always be cautious of the opportunity cost of any side hustle since it might not be worth the time investment.
- Leverage Sign-Up Bonuses: Sign-up bonuses from companies like MyPoints or Amazon itself offer some of the fastest ways to get Amazon gift cards.
Extra Reading – How To Get $25 Right Now (For Free!).
I hope this guide on getting a free $20 Amazon gift card helps you save more money and treat yourself to something fun.
I wanted to write a post that had a variety of options and also could realistically make $20 or more in a reasonable amount of time.
But, as I mentioned, always be careful with the opportunity cost for these sorts of side hustles.
In any case, best of luck on your quest to get some free gift cards!
Looking for even more money-making ideas? Checkout:
Tom is a full-time blogger and freelance writer with a passion for side hustling, passive income, and the gig economy. His work has appeared on dozens of personal finance websites like Money Crashers, The College Investor, Investor Junkie, and more. This Online World is all about providing people with honest ways to make and save more money by using technology. To learn more about Tom, read his About Page!
If you’re interested in freelance writing services or want to partner with This Online World, please use our contact page to get in touch!